July 2012 Moms
Options

I am so not ready!

Today a friend mentioned to me how you're not supposed to feed babies honey, that it's very dangerous. I can't really imagine why I ever would, but still, I had no idea! What else am I completely ignorant about?! You would think that the time and effort I spent conceiving this baby I would be more prepared. Now I'm wondering what else I don't know!

https://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/botulism.html#cat20059

TTC since October 2009
2 failed IUIs with Clomid
IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
ET 11/3/2011
One embryo transferred, four frozen
11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I am so not ready!

• Options

I think it is a lot of common sense! There are always small things but the basics (clothe, feed, love and nurture your kid) will come naturally to you.

Besides, you aren't alone. There are small risks that a lot of people don't know about. Case in point: how many cards I got this year with pictures of babies playing with Christmas lights.

• Options
    When your lo gets to the age where it is time to start trying out solids your ped will give you the does and don'ts.  The main things to avoid until over age 1 are: peanut butter (for allergy purposes) and hot dogs and grapes because of the choking hazard.  Some peds say wait until age 1 for strawberries, but they are mixed in a ton of babyfood so I didn't really stress about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You'll be fine!  For the first 4-6 months baby does nothing but drink BM/formula, and once you get the ok from your pedi to start some solids, they give you guidance on things like this.

The big no-no's before 1 year: honey, cow's milk, peanut butter, berries, and some say egg whites.  We bent the rules a bit--DD has had all of those except straight honey.  And she's never had a reaction.  If you or DH have a history of allergies in your families you'll want to be extra careful.  But again, follow your pedi's recommendations and you'll be just fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've also heard that chocolate is a no-no before age 1.  Has anyone else heard this? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"