August 2012 Moms
Options

12 week check in and weight gain

So I COULD NOT be more happy and excited that they baby looks healthy and the heartbeat is strong but my weight didn't come out where it "should" have...

My nausea has only been surpressed with carbs so I have been snacking constantly and my 1st tri weight gain is 8 lbs! its supposed to be 4? right?  I just want to do everything I can to make this a healthy pregnancy and its hard to think that i am already twice as heavy as I should be!  Again, nothing can trump my excitement about the healthy baby - but any advice on how to stay on track - or anyone in a similar boat - would love to hear from you!

Re: 12 week check in and weight gain

• Options
    I gained 14 lbs already an dlost 1-2 lbs last week.  So I have out beat you.  This is my 4th baby so I am trying not to stress about it, and just eat heatlthy
    lolololo
  • Options
    I'm gross- almost 10 lbs!!  They say 1-5 lbs in first tri.  Pretty sure my weight is not baby weight, but pasta and pop tart weight.  Now that nausea is subsiding I won't be surprised if I lose, or don't gain weight for a bit. I gained all that weight in the first 9 weeks, and have stayed stable since then (Im over 12 weeks now)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gained about 7 lbs and I just hit the 11 week mark. I too was on a carbo-binge from weeks 6-10. Now that I'm eating better I've lost about 2 lbs of the initial gain. I think I'll even out over the 2nd tri. Everyone is different! It also depends where you started out.
    WestyMom Chicago, IL
    TTC since 9/2011, BFP in Costa Rica 12/1/11!, EDD 8/18/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well this makes me feel a bit better!  I'm up around 8 lbs.  Stupid carbs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I weighed last week and was up 3-4 pounds.  12 weeks today and haven't weighed yet.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Looks like this is the board for me! LOL. I gained about 11 pounds in 11 weeks and I believe I lost about 1.5-2 of those pounds since then-so I am at an 9-10 pounds gain overall. I also was on the carb-binge nausea fighting diet for the whole first trimester and now that some of the nausea has subsided, I am able to workout again and eat things that are healthier-my new addiction is oranges. Yum.

I have a friend who gained 14 pounds in the first trimester and still only gained the recommended 35 her doctor told her would be ideal. I talked to my doctor and she didnt seem concerned whatsoever. She told me that she doenst go by trimester weight gain, just overall weight gain and I should aim for 30-35 pounds max if possible. She also told me that for women who gain in the first trimester, that they can usually expect things to slow down in the second trmester and even lose a little of the weight gained (but never TRY to lose weight).

I am going to my 12 week appointment next week and get to see my weight at about a 4 pound increase (da*n doctor's scales) and get a good idea as to how much I have really gained so far...but I just try not to focus on that and keep focused on the fact that I am gaining weight for the baby I am growing! =)

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I am hungry or need to eat all the time, but I can get away with eating smaller amounts than I used to.  it doesnt seem to take much to feel full so I try to spread it out over the day instead of eating real meals just a few times.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I know it's hard to do, but really try not to worry about the weight. Most times, those that gain weight earlier on (more than the rec. 4lbs) will slow down for a while and your body will catch up.

With each of my three previous pregnancies I gain 8-10 pounds in the first trimester. I had healthy pregnancies with each, stayed active when I could and ate healthy when I could. First trimester comes with a lot of recommendations just like the 2nd and 3rd, but there are also a lot of other things to deal with, like food aversions and m/s.  So try not to stress. It usually all works out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I have lost 15 pounds :( I am working on it, not being sick anymore should help. My doctor made it sound like I was purposely starving my baby.... really? I am not an idiot, just having issues eating! As far as you gaining weight, I have heard that some people may gain a lot in the 1st trimester, but throughout the whole preganancy it will equal out to the total you are supposed to gain. So I am sure you are doing fine, as long as you are eating as healthy as you can.

Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I am SO glad I am not the only one! Ive gained 8 lbs so far...
    Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in
  • Options

my first pregnancy i gained 10 lbs of water weight before they even started counting, then gained another 12 by the end of 17 weeks. my OB wasn't worried then, just said that sometimes happens.

So far, i'm only up 3 this time, but i have more aversions this time and again, dr isnt' worried, just said eat as healthy as i can and get my wakling in

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    I had lost a few before my 8 week appointment.  I have gained one pound since then.  The pattern thus far is remarkably similar to my pregnancy with DS.
    We love you baby - m/c - 09/10/2011
  • Options
    I'm at 0-2lbs depending on the day. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    imagejmk5287:

I have lost 15 pounds :( I am working on it, not being sick anymore should help. My doctor made it sound like I was purposely starving my baby.... really? I am not an idiot, just having issues eating! As far as you gaining weight, I have heard that some people may gain a lot in the 1st trimester, but throughout the whole preganancy it will equal out to the total you are supposed to gain. So I am sure you are doing fine, as long as you are eating as healthy as you can.

I'd switch doctors.  I hate unnecessary guilt trips.

• Options
    Last time I checked, I gained about 3-4 lbs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate to say that i am happy that most of these posts are about gaining! Seemed like every board about weight i went into, people all lost! (great for them!! but depressing for me) I am up 8-10 depending on the day. Just glad to see others with the same :)
  • Options
    I am up 8-9 as well, just over 13 weeks. The doc didnt mention anything so I am guessing that all is well at this point! Trying to make good food choices, but it is tough! I am in the, 'oooh, buffalo wings (or whatever is on TV) sounds goooood' mode these days!
    TTC since 8/2009
    1st IVF: 1/2011: BFN
    2nd IVF: 6/2011: BFP, 1st Beta: 64, 2nd Beta: 56 (C/P)
    3rd IVF: 11/2011: BFP; 1st Beta: 166, 2nd Beta: 338 U/S: 12/13/11--two heartbeats!
    1/3/2012: Goodbye Baby B, 9w2d--you're always our little angel! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat!  i guess we just need to focus on health and activity and let our babies grow!! hopefully it will all even out  too :-)
  • Options
    I had already gained about 4 at my first appt which was 9 weeks. I know I've been overdoing the carbs and eating more than usual but I'm not stressing about it. Being 1st trimester pregs is uncomfortable enough as it is...if I'm hungry, homegirl's gonna eat!! Unfortunately it's rarely the healthy stuff that sounds appetizing :) This is my first pregnancy so don't quote me on this, but I hear it gets easier to be on track during 2nd tri??
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"