Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula Question: Powder vs RTF vs Concentrated Liquid

Hi ladies-

I saw a mention in another post that the poster realized that going from powder to RTF formula helped with gasiness in her baby. Anyone had this same experience?

We were on Enfamil RTF formula for the first few weeks and then moved to a mix of breastmilk via bottle and RTF Similac Advance but once we had our 1 month appointment with the ped, we changed from Similac RTF to powder. We've had issues with LO having some serious gas pains and upsets in the past few weeks. I didn't even put together that it may have coincided with that change.

I know it could be just due to an immature digestive system and will just get better over time but I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this where the RTF helped over powder.  Would the concentrated liquid act in the same way? I did some price comparisons and, with coupons, I think I can do the concentrate for about the same price as the powder. I'd even be willing to pay more for the RTF if it would just help LO feel better and make for easier nights for us (it seems to build up during the day and is definitely the hardest on her at night).

Thoughts?

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: Formula Question: Powder vs RTF vs Concentrated Liquid

• Options
    The RTF versus the concentrate and powder similac made all the difference in our girls.  The powder and the concentrate made them extremely gassy and fussy and the RTF seems to be the easiest on their stomachs.  They are much happier babies since switching to that.  I also pump and mix my BM with the formula.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"