Just curious...

What was the difference between...

Cravings

Aversions

Pregnancy symptoms

Hunger level

What did you have or think you are having

Re: 2nd time mommies or first time

• My pregnancies were pretty much exactly the same. Both times I thought I was having a boy from the moment I found out I was pregnant and both times I was right :-)
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Cravings: With DD all I wanted was spicy foods. The spicier the better. This pregnancy, I don't have any cravings.

Aversions: With DD, just coffee as far as I can remember. With this one, coffee and sweets. Not really an aversion, I just don't want them at all which is strange because normally I love sweets and coffee.

Pregnancy symptoms: I was lucky enough to not have any serious symptomswith either...so far. I was far more tired with DD than I am now.

Hunger Level: With DD, I was ravenous. This time not too over the top hungry but I so need to eat more often.

Gender: I have a daughter and think this one is a boy. Of course I thought the first one was a boy too but I was wrong. We'll see.

• Loading the player...
  • Cravings-beer and margaritas for both

Aversions- 1.  my husbands coffee, red meat. same with 2 but not as bad.

Symptoms- Extremely tired with the first in the first trimester.  Tired in the second with the second. :)  Horrible morning sickness with number 1, break outs, and lots of swelling with #1.  #2 some nausea, good skin, not a lot of swelling.

Hunger level- the same with both.  Average, get famished while nursing.

Thought it was a boy both times.  It was a boy with number 1 and girl with number 2.

• Is this an announcement? Or did I miss something? Congratulations!
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • I also missed something!! Congrats!! What's the details, when are you due?  

• 1st time mom but I'll answer:

Cravings - They have been all over the place from sweet stuff (not too bad) to salty. But the one consistent craving are french fries, orange juice and the burrito bowls from Chipotle or La Salsa.

Aversions Raw meat, vegetables, salad (1st tri), coffee, crystal geyser sparkling waters.

Pregnancy symptoms Fatigue, sore boobs, breakouts, strong sense of smell, nausea from 8-16 weeks and cravings.

Hunger level I try to eat every few hours to prevent the nausea feeling. Try not to let the hunger get out of hand because I then feel tired and cranky when I'm hungry.

What did you have or think you are having - I think it's a boy, my husband thinks it's a girl (he wants a girl so bad). We find out on 2/13.

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another first time mom...

Cravings Nothing crazy. Most of my "cravings" are random and ever-changing whims of "oooh, that sounds really tasty right now". However, I seem to be gravitating towards fruit a lot (especially pineapple), and also have a deepened fondness of pickles, whole fruit popsicles (strawberry especially!), and fish/seafood (I've found I'm eating a lot of shrimp and salmon especially).

Aversions Nothing notable. I have noticed I pass over candy and processed foods more quickly now (not consciously -- I think I just keep wanting to get to the fresh fruit section, so I blow through the middle aisles in the grocery store).

Pregnancy symptoms Very fatigued during the 1st trimester. No morning sickness. I had some skin breakouts during the 1st tri too, but now my skin has really cleared up and is super soft. Since entering the second trimester, I've been getting tension headaches at work (I think pregnancy has made me allergic to work!) Lots of dreams (including bizarre dreams/nightmares). 

Hunger level Really hungry for the first few weeks after the BFP. Now I find I just need to eat more frequently, but not necessarily hungry for a lot more food than normal. Digestion has really slowed down, so I can't eat really huge meals anyway.

What did you have or think you are having We find out in 3 weeks. I keep getting "boy" vibes. But I've also had 3 baby dreams, and in each the baby was a girl. So who knows! :)

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• imageKellyMRocks:
    Is this an announcement? Or did I miss something? Congratulations!

What the what?!?! Ditto this!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!  

• Cravings - With DS1, I couldn't get enough peanut butter.  No real cravings with DS2

Aversions - DS1 - no meat for the first tri.  DS2 - no eggs the entire pregnancy

Pregnancy symptoms - not really any for either pregnancy

Hunger level - fairly normal for both.

What did you have or think you are having - with DS1, I didn't know...I kind of thought girl.  With DS2, I had 3 dreams where he was a boy, and waalaa, he was a boy!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, yes. I am pregnant with #2. I am due in July. I am still not totally out of the closet yet so no posts on FB. Still waiting for a couple of things to fall in line before I make the official announcement. Thanks for the well wishes. So far, everything is good.
  • Cravings: With DS I wanted Baked Potatoes and Rootbeer Floats ALL THE TIME. Fruit was another one.With this pregnancy, jelly bellies, lol. Soup, lots of soup...but that might be the cold weather too.

Aversions: First time around, eggs, raw meat (especially chicken). Not too many aversions yet...just depends from day to day what sounds and smells gross to me.

Pregnancy symptoms: DS...all day nausea and some sleepiness, tons of swelling. So far....EXHAUSTION, some nausea (suddenly stopped over the weekend so I'm a bit nervous and scared right now), I feel like I have a lump in the bottom of my stomach/gut.

Hunger Level: It really varies from day to day...and was the same with DS.

Gender: I swore up and down that DS was a girl....had tons of dreams and everything. Nope, definitely all boy. I'm trying not to guess at all this time. I'd be thrilled either way. A boy would be the easier for our family planning, but honestly, I just want a healthy happy baby.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageTopanga:
    Yes, yes. I am pregnant with #2. I am due in July. I am still not totally out of the closet yet so no posts on FB. Still waiting for a couple of things to fall in line before I make the official announcement. Thanks for the well wishes. So far, everything is good.

And Congrats!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageTopanga:
    Yes, yes. I am pregnant with #2. I am due in July. I am still not totally out of the closet yet so no posts on FB. Still waiting for a couple of things to fall in line before I make the official announcement. Thanks for the well wishes. So far, everything is good.

Congrats!

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cravings - With DD #1 I craved spicy and sour foods - like I seriously could not get enough hot sauce.  With DD #2 I craved a lot of fruit, especially watermelons.

Aversions - DD #1 - Eggs.  Even thinking about them made me sick.  DD #2 - anything too sweet. 

Pregnancy symptoms - With both - Exhaustion, sore chest, dizziness.

Hunger level - Not too much more than usual.

What did you have or think you are having - I thought I was having a boy the first time and a girl the second time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesecretkeeper321:

Cravings: With DS I wanted Baked Potatoes and Rootbeer Floats ALL THE TIME. Fruit was another one.With this pregnancy, jelly bellies, lol. Soup, lots of soup...but that might be the cold weather too.

I was all about baked potatoes when I was pg with E! And baked sweet potatoes too! 

And I ate so much soup in the 1st tri even though it was middle of the summer

And I had aversions to everything the first tri, except lollipops and crackers and cheerios, which I then had aversions to the rest of the pregnancy bc, well, bc thats all I ate for 12+ weeks.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"