June 2011 Moms

My CDs are here!!!

Some of you may remember my post

Well the woman has no clue where my order is...it got lost in the mail.  She felt terrible and sent me what she had on hand.  They aren't the ones I originally chose but they aren't bad...plus she gave me some baby leg warmers, a wet bag and some extra inserts and stuff.  I now have 21 pocket dipes and 2 fitteds.  I'm washing them all now and can't wait to put them on A's little tushy!

Quick question.  How many diapers can I expect to go through each day?  I think this will last me 3 days (I don't know yet if I'll use them overnight) is this realistic?

Also she sent me "super soakers" which are like bigger looking inserts?  How do they work?  What are they?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My CDs are here!!!

• Hmm, the super soakers would probably be more for overnight when you need extra absorbancy. Not positive though :)

And I change Ev about every 2 hours, so he goes through around 8 diapers a day, including his nighttime one. So 23 should get you through close to 3 days depending on how often you need to change.

Yay for CDs, I hope you love them!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't know what super soakers are, so no help- sorry. But to answer your other question- I go through about 6-8 diapers a day. 1 overnight (10-12 hours), then about every 2-3 hours unless she poops. Sometimes she poops 1x/day, sometimes 3x/day. I have 7 BG, 2 fitteds, 2 Smartipants, and 14 PF, and I do laundry~ every 3 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 20 I believe now and that can last me almost 3 days. So glad you finally got some! YAY! I believe the "super soakers" would just be extra absorbency for night time or something. Not positive. Good luck with your prep and your first go at it. Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oooooh, I love getting new CD's!  I have ~20 diapers plus 3 fitteds for overnight.  I do laundry every 2 days.  Mostly b/c I hang the covers to dry and I'm always short if I wait 3 days.  

I would use the super soaker for when we go out and about and I don't want to have to change her for a few hours.  CD'ing overnight is no big deal.  I slather on some california baby diaper cream (don't use regular cream on your CD) and she pees ALOT at night and never has a rash from it.

• Finally!   It's so fun getting fluff in the mail!  I think the super soakers are for overnight use.  Also,  I agree with everyone else - I usually go through maybe 8 and an overnight diaper?  So your amount should be fine.

See how it goes and you can always order more.  I like having more because even though I wash every other day, I am lazy about stuffing them right away and usually get to them the next day (so I need 3 days worth).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Finally!! I can't believe it took so long but glad you got them!

We probably go through 8-10 diapers a day. So I do CD laundry every other day. Since I have about 30 CDs, that means I have enough buffer to get them dried and folded on day 3.

I'm not totally sure what a super soaker is either. Does it seem to be natural fibers or microfiber? Either way, it's probably just an extra insert that you can add for longer stretches or nighttime. 

Enjoy Abbey's cute fluffy bum! :)

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"