June 2011 Moms

Toys that encourage standing/pulling up?

DD has been pulling up to standing on me forever, but she doesn't have any standing toys. I need something besides me to help her with this- DD does not sleep in a crib so she's not getting practice there :) But I read that the activity tables to help them stand are not sturdy and tip over when the LO tries to pull themselves up on it.

What are you using? Any serious injuries using the activity tables? Other suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toys that encourage standing/pulling up?

• I'm so not encouraging this! Lexi did it in a laundry basket on Sunday and I wanted to knock her over and tell her to cut it out. Wahhh!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We have the leapfrog learning table and he likes to try and pull up on it. However, it's not on all fours. We took two of the legs off so it's at a slant. It seems easier and more gradual for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCarlaAndJames:
    I'm so not encouraging this! Lexi did it in a laundry basket on Sunday and I wanted to knock her over and tell her to cut it out. Wahhh!

LOL! K refuses to roll, and it doesn't look like she's going to crawl much either. All she wants to do is stand! I don't want her to walk soon, but other than hog-tying her I don't know what else to do! I'll cry with you!

• imageAshley40705:
    We have the leapfrog learning table and he likes to try and pull up on it. However, it's not on all fours. We took two of the legs off so it's at a slant. It seems easier and more gradual for him.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check that out!

• We have a Sit-to-Stand walker and I push it against the ottoman so when he pulls up, he doesn't push it and fall forward.  But he pulls up on anything - safe or not - including the activity table.  There have been a couple times where the toy and him fall backward but no serious injuries so far! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ty loves our leather ottoman, and it works for us.  It's soft but sturdy - perfect height for him, and it's not real leather so I don't care when he slobbers all over it!

But, MIL also bought him this toy and he loves it.  He's actually really steady on his feet, which I think is helpful with this toy!

https://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Step-Start-Walk-Ride/dp/B00004T2WP/ref=pd_sim_t_25 

• imageCarlaAndJames:
    I'm so not encouraging this! Lexi did it in a laundry basket on Sunday and I wanted to knock her over and tell her to cut it out. Wahhh!

Oh, but it was so cute!  

We do have an activity table.  It's on the carpet and doesn't move much.  She does just fine with it, but wouldn't on hardwood (for example) as it would just slide away.  It has never tipped.  We have this one. She LOVES it!!!!  She got it for Christmas.  She loves it so much both sets of grandparents got one at their house to have when we visit. lol

If you are worried about stability, you could always start with it pushed against something (like the couch or a corner for example) so it has added support.

• imageSarahP15:
    We have a Sit-to-Stand walker and I push it against the ottoman so when he pulls up, he doesn't push it and fall forward.  But he pulls up on anything - safe or not - including the activity table.  There have been a couple times where the toy and him fall backward but no serious injuries so far! 

I'm leaning towards getting this. Does it work on carpet or only hard floors?

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'll just push it against something to make it more stable.
  • imagecfisher2008:

imageSarahP15:
    We have a Sit-to-Stand walker and I push it against the ottoman so when he pulls up, he doesn't push it and fall forward.  But he pulls up on anything - safe or not - including the activity table.  There have been a couple times where the toy and him fall backward but no serious injuries so far! 

We have only carpet and it works well! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahP15:
    imagecfisher2008:

imageSarahP15:

We have only carpet and it works well! 

Awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"