Stay at Home Moms

S/O journals: Journal for your LO?

I keep a baby book for each LO.  Inside each one, I have some loose sheets of paper where I wrote things from each month until they were 12 months old.  I wrote about their milestones, first words, sleep patterns etc.

Then I stopped.  I want to have a place where I can write down all the cute things they do and other milestones and I feel bad that I stopped at 12 months.  (although I do continue to fill out the baby books).

I thought about keeping a journal for them but feel like I will not be able to keep up with doing one for each kid and it will become more of an annoyance.  I was considering just writing in 1 journal because it would be easier but I would have to choose which kid gets it when they are older (or maybe I could just keep it and let them read it when they want). 

What do you think?  Anyone else have something like this?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: S/O journals: Journal for your LO?

• I have kept a journal (several now) for both children- starting when I got my BFP with each. The pregnancy part of the journal was written in sparingly- couple of paragraphs each month-

However with both kids- I have kept a journal which included an in depth birth story and their 'week by week' goings on- Each week begins on Sunday- and I have how many weeks they are/how many months and whatever they did that week.

I am on my fourth book for Gisele and my second for Chase.

I usually keep a piece of paper on my PC desk folded in half with each kid getting a side and I just jot down the little things like: Gisele learned her street address, Chase won't eat sandwiches... just goofy little tidbits- and then on Sunday night- I 'write it up'

Usually on takes me about 30 min per kid each week. DH thinks it's awesome but insane lol. For me its far from an annoyance- I don't mind it at all- and actually it's really relaxing.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is why I started a blog. I have a scrapbook/baby book that I made myself for Evie that has all of the typical baby book stuff in it like her growth measurements and milestones and a bunch of photos, but I use the blog for the more everyday things like playdates and games we play and just cute things she does. I started it when I first learned I was pregnant, and I hope to continue it for a long time. :)

I blog once a month on her "month birthday" to talk about all the bigger things, and then in between I blog randomly with a video of her in the bath, or some photos of an outing, or whatever I want to document.

Also, I am a crazy scrapbooker, so Evie will also get scrapbooks of her whole childhood with photos and keepsakes, just like my mom made for me. :) 

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Loading the player...
  • I love this idea but I am the type of person to take on too many projects and then not complete them because I get overwhelmed or behind and then give up. I'm trying to be better by simplifying. My Great Aunt gave me a bunch of pretty notebooks to do just this when I was pregnant with DD#1 but I never started them.

I am super diligent at keeping up their baby books though. I do the dame thing as you with the notes but I haven't stopped. The inside covers of their books are covered in notes like: "17 months- You love to follow your big sister and do everything she does! You love to use your little potty just like she taught you. You will mimic her every move if you can. I hope you'll always be best friends like you are now." Once they get past their first year I do the notes around the page for the year they are in, like the one dedicated to the second birthday for example.

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I make notes of the cute things DD does on our calendar.  Then, I use the calendars to update her baby book and put them in a Rubbermaid container we have for all of the stuff I want to save- my favorite outfits for each age, cards she gets on her birthday, etc.  I have to admit that I saw this idea on Jon and Kate + 8 a long time ago.  It really is handy though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWebbie3:
    I make notes of the cute things DD does on our calendar.  Then, I use the calendars to update her baby book and put them in a Rubbermaid container we have for all of the stuff I want to save- my favorite outfits for each age, cards she gets on her birthday, etc.  I have to admit that I saw this idea on Jon and Kate + 8 a long time ago.  It really is handy though!

I saw that on J&K too and thought darn, why did I never do that!

I do a rubbermaid box for each kid too- their "memory boxes."  I put all sorts of keepsakes in there!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a journal that I keep for my daughter.  Like you, I used to write in it monthly.  Then at 12 mos I decided I would write in it on their birthday and whenever the mood struck.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"