December 2010 Moms
Options

Another WWYD Night time bottle

DD gets milk in a sippy cup all day at daycare and water with her dinner. We do dinner, play, bathtime, bottle/rocking and then bed. This is the only bottle left and personally, I just want to pack them up and call it a day. I know she freaks out when she sees the last bottle and I would love to stop it before it gets any harder to drop. Any suggestions? She usually does the bottle and goes right to bed.

Just an FYI: On the weekends for naps, she usually goes down screaming and I'm scared it would be the same way at night. :( TIA!

Re: Another WWYD Night time bottle

• Options
    Whew, this is us pretty much too so I'll be watching this thread.  If he even sees that bottle, he starts getting all antsy and fussing for me to give it to him.  Other than thinning it out with water and then moving to all water (in hopes that he'll toss it), I haven't got much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Griff also has one last bottle before bedtime.  He doesn't fall asleep while drinking it but I rock him right after and he falls asleep.  Its a big part of the bedtime routine and I'm worried if I drop that bottle then he'll stop STTN!

Sorry, I'm no help!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

With DD we moved the last milk till right before bath time. Now we read and she has it. I have noticed she drinks less and less. After that she has a bath, we then sit in the chair read a short story, sing one song, and go to bed. For us she was not failing alseep drinking it anyway so by moving it she still gets that time rocking/ reading with me and the milk but does no associated it with sleeping. This has worked for us.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How close is dinner time to bed time?

We have dinner around 530/545pm and then bedtime is around 630/645pm. So there is only an hour after dinner before bed. I decided just to try and not give him the bottle one night and see how it went. I have him a sippy of milk with dinner instead. If it failed miserably then we'd re-think things and come up with a new game plan.

But to my surprise it didn't seem to phase him one bit. He has milk with dinner and then we do a bit of play time, bath, diaper/pj's and then I read a few books to him while sitting in the chair in his room (we used to read while he got the bottle) and then a few snuggles and into the crib.

When he went right to sleep that first night I was totally expecting him to wake up in a few hours hungry, but he still STTN.

So I would say give it a shot and see what happens. If it fails then try again later.

Or I've had some friends do a sippy of milk during dinner and than whatever they don't finish give before bedtime. And slowly their LO's started drinking more at dinner and less right before bed until they didn't miss the right-before-bed feeding anymore. 

• Options
    So glad I am NOT alone on this one. I'll try to see what I can do, but I think she's way too dependent on that last bottle before bed. It's gonna be rough, but we might try this weekend to get off that final bottle. Thanks ladies - I'll keep you updated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"