Adoption
Options

Update...

Well, we are looking at changing to fost/adopt. I am not looking forward to dealing with government processes -- just to enroll in the classes we need it took me 3 days and 6 different numbers called (no idea how many transfers) to find someone who could help. But I guess it's not the end of the world. I'm kind of excited, now that I've calmed down. As someone said on my last post, we're starting to see it as just the next step toward our family being complete. And in the process, we would get to help children who need it instead of just waiting. If all goes well we start PATH classes February 21... We'll see if foster care is our next turn.
~Julie image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Update...

• Options
    Government processes... ugh!

Keep your eyes on the prize!  Someday you'll look back at these headaches and realize they were a small price for your forever family :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Thanks. I keep reminding myself that "someday" will come eventually...
    ~Julie image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is a pain at first, but hopefully you will get set up with a licensing social worker quickly - in my process, the licensing was the most painless part!
    Foster Mom to 3 wild and wonderful boys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"