Working Moms

Cover Letter WWYD?

It's not entirely not my fault (should've done more research and seen the blatant writing on the wall at least once) but basically, I was at 3 different companies in 5 years due to a series of bankruptcies.  Now, they were high-profile, reporters calling my cell phone, trainwrecks of bankruptcies, but I still worry that I look like a jobhopper on my resume at first glance.

Is it worth it to address that in a cover letter - something to the effect of: "After having to change jobs several times in a few years due to employer bankruptcies, I am looking for a stable company with a solid growth plan"?  Or just hope the person reviewing my resume reads it closely?

FWIW, after that turmoil, I was at my last position for 3 years.  I've been a SAHM for the last 1.5 years due to different things, and already have to have a sentence in there explaining that.

Re: Cover Letter WWYD?

• Let me preface this with I am not in HR and not sure if I'm doing things correct. When I send cover letters I highlight my strong qualities and sell me.  In every interview including phone interviews I have been asked why am I looking for a new position and under what circumstance I left XX company. Therefore, I would not mention the bankruptcy's in previous employment. Loyalty is a quality I might highlight in the cover letter. I think when the question is asked in an interview you can easily describe 'my position was eliminated due to the co. going bankrupt.' And like you mentioned they are high profile companies so someone in the industry should know the history. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"