Baby Names

Aubria?

So I like Aubrey, but I feel it's immature on a girl. I really like the sound, and the meaning however.

Aubria, was suggested to me. It's also a name of a frog species from west Africa. NOW, that may not be the most flattering nature relation to the name, but there are worse/equally bad, yet used/usable names.  Plus it has that Audra, Adria feel to it. 

Anyways, it's also credited as a form of Aubrey.

Thoughts on it? I have a feeling most of you will label it as trendy/madeup/NMS, so I'm prepared for that.  

Re: Aubria?

• I would go with Audra, if you want something more "grown-up" than Aubrey. Or, just stick with Aubrey.

• imagemoonfaerie:
    I would go with Audra, if you want something more "grown-up" than Aubrey. Or, just stick with Aubrey.
    I don't like Audra or Audrey, so that's why I haven't switched to that one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Aubrey.  It was on my list for my girls.  I don't think it sounds immature though.
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • Aubria is pretty but kind of strange.  I'd stick with Aubrey or find something else you like.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelaney75:

Aubria is pretty but kind of strange.  I'd stick with Aubrey or find something else you like.

This.  Aubria is just weird IMO.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It just seems awkward to say for me.

• I would keep looking.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • This name seems really awkward. I'm not sure if it should be pronounced au-bree-UH or au-BREE-uh. I think you should keep looking. Sorry! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not really a fan.

How about Ava, Aurora, Alia, Avery, Audrey?

• I agree with a PP. If you want something more 'grown-up', try Audra. Aubria is really ugly, IMHO.

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKendalight:

So I like Aubrey, but I feel it's immature on a girl. I really like the sound, and the meaning however.

Aubria, was suggested to me. It's also a name of a frog species from west Africa. NOW, that may not be the most flattering nature relation to the name, but there are worse/equally bad, yet used/usable names.  Plus it has that Audra, Adria feel to it. 

Thoughts on it? I have a feeling most of you will label it as trendy/madeup/NMS, so I'm prepared for that.  

You guessed it.  Haha!  I totally disagree with you about Aubrey sounding less mature than Aubria.  How do you feel about Aria?

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am an Aubrey, I have always like my name.  I actually think Aubria looks less mature because of the i and the kind of made up look to it.
  • I think Aubria sounds very immature and I really don't like...but my daughter's name is Audra so we obviously have different tastes. I agree that Aubrey sounds much better.
    Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • If you love Aubrey, use it; otherwise, keep looking.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I would use Audra or Audrey. I'm just not a fan of Aubrey (& variations) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • imageLuckyMissus:
    imageKendalight:

You guessed it.  Haha!  I totally disagree with you about Aubrey sounding less mature than Aubria.  How do you feel about Aria?

Ahaha, yeah this board tends to have the same general name opinions.

I like Aria, but it's too annoying for me to say unfortunately. I really wanted to like it,  but it's just not working out. 

• My DD is Aubrey and I love it! I think it's very sweet and feminine and not immature at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"