Baby Names
Options

Third Tri and still no name need FN suggestions

After several lists, polls, etc DH and I are no closer to naming our little girl. So far the front runner names are Isla Jean and Kate Rosalind. However, I really wanted to use my grandmother's name which is Olive as a middle name but it doesn't flow well with Isla or Kate. Please suggest first names that may go well with Olive as a minute. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Third Tri and still no name need FN suggestions

• Options

Sadie Olive
    Kathleen or Kathryn Olive (and call her Kate)
    Samantha Olive
    Caroline Olive
    Diana Olive
    Reese Olive

Personally, I don't think Isla Olive is terrible, and even Kate Olive isn't so bad that I would avoid the family connection. Isla Olive has grown on me even since typing all of this out. I think it's cute.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • Options
    I would use Isla Olive, it might not "flow" perfectly but it's still cute & honoring a relative is a nice story for a MN. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePictures29:
    I would use Isla Olive, it might not "flow" perfectly but it's still cute & honoring a relative is a nice story for a MN. 
    Agree entirely.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I love the idea of using Kathleen/Kathryn Olive and using Kate as a NN. Very cute!
  • Options

Katherine Olive NN Kate!

Other suggestions:

Clara Olive

Margaret Olive

Tessa Olive

Nora Olive

Imogen Olive

Julia Olive 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally personal opinion, but I think using a NN like Kate without the full name (Kathleen, Katherine, Kathryn or whatever) is strange. I'd go with Kathryn Olive like another poster suggested, and call her Kate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"