June 2012 Moms

DS choked

So DS does so well with finger foods but today he started coughing and then stopped breathing. I grabbed  him really quick and did the baby heimlich. He threw up all over the floor..that was so scary!!! I cant stop kissing and holding him now.

Please if you do not know cpr or the heimlich please learn...choking is so scary. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS choked

• I'm glad DS is ok!  DD choked a lot, but I was always able to scoop with my finger, never needed the heimlich.

I wish I had taken an official baby CPR and first aid class before DD was born.  It's on that nagging list of things I need to find time to do.  For FTMers, I highly recommend going before LO is born, since the classes are 5+ hours.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is so scary...I'm glad your DS is ok. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg, how scary. I'm glad your son is okay. I really do have to take one of those classes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How scary. I'm so happy your son is ok! I definitely want learn baby cpr & heimlich. Do you take these classes at the hospital?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJessieCupcake:

How scary. I'm so happy your son is ok! I definitely want learn baby cpr & heimlich. Do you take these classes at the hospital?

no but you can.. I have to be certified anyway because I work in the health field.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so glad to hear about people taking the CPR classes for their LO's.  As a volunteer EMT I can tell you that the time it takes to call 911 and for help to arrive (even if it might only take 6 minutes) is a terribly long time when your kid is choking!!  I know my hospital offers the infant CPR class, and my sister just took one at Pea in the Pod.  It's totally worth it.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"