August 2011 Moms

Any lazy non-rollers out there?

My guy has rolled from tummy to back a handful of times.  Once in early Dec and then again in mid-January.  But in general, he'd rather just bury his face in the floor and scream for me to roll him over instead.

Any other lazy babies out there? ;) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Any lazy non-rollers out there?

• she's very active, but doesn't want to roll.  It's like she forgot.  She has never rolled back to belly on her own, but did roll to her back a bunch of times at 3 months.  She is sitting on her own and playing with toys for the past week now so she would rather be in that position.  She also loves to stand and kick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes, same!  He's very active and can sit up on his own for up to 30 seconds before toppling and he loves to stand up (has loved to stand up since he was like 8 weeks old).  i always say it's like he's forgotten he knows how to roll! haha

• Loading the player...
  • Logan has rolled belly to back a number of times but not consistently.  He has rolled over back to belly once, at daycare, to get closer to the baby girl that is there also.  Apparently he tried really hard to roll over, like a man on a mission.

While he is on his back he backwards crawls, its hilarious. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO first rolled tummy to back at five weeks. She did this for about a week and hasn't done it once since then. I'm really hoping she remembers how to do it soon because she rolls back to tummy all-the-time and gets so mad after she's been on her tummy for 10-15 minutes but she won't roll back over so either dh or I have to help her. She has been rolling back to tummy for two months now so it's starting to get old!

As of last week she has started rolling onto her tummy in her sleep too so she's constantly waking up. Last night I had to get up to roll her back over 5 times and naps are much shorter now too.

• Mine learned to roll both directions by late November and then just stopped doing it in the last couple of weeks. She found het feet and she'd much rather grab and chew on them than practice rolling. Now she's working on sitting. I'm really not worried - she'll do it if she wants to.
  • imageetoyama:
    Mine learned to roll both directions by late November and then just stopped doing it in the last couple of weeks. She found het feet and she'd much rather grab and chew on them than practice rolling. Now she's working on sitting. I'm really not worried - she'll do it if she wants to.

Yup!  Same here.

• Totally not worried either!  :)  Just curious.  
  • LO finally rolled at 5m1w for me ... once (stomach to back).  She rolled again a day later for DH ... once (back to stomach).  That's it!!!!  She likes to sit.

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

• Same thing here.  He can roll both ways, but chooses not to.  Arg.
  • DS rolled in Dec from belly to back a couple times. He has never rolled from back to belly. He would much rather sit on the floor and play with toys. His new thing now is when the is standing while assisted likes to start taking steps. Guess rolling was never his thing lol!!
  • I wish.... I slept so much better when LO wasn't rolling.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD rolls back to tummy, but forgot how to roll tummy to back. She will, however, get up on her hands and knees and lunge herself forward for a toy. The girl can't roll to her back, but is trying to crawl. Go figure.

I'd personally rather she roll, so I don't have to do any more middle-of-the-night-turn-her-back-to-her-back-as-she-screams wake ups. Although when I left this morning she was sleeping peacefully on her tummy, yay!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lazy baby over here :) She can roll, and will from time to time both ways. However playmat sessions usually sound like this "Do you want this toy Princess? How about this one little miss? " (my three year old boy is infatuated with his sister ever since she started smiling at him, it's the cutest thing)
  • All of my kids seem to be late rollers.  Sully is actually the first of my three to roll over before around 7 months so he's actually looking like an over acheiver!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• imageashleyhuney:
    Lazy baby over here :) She can roll, and will from time to time both ways. However playmat sessions usually sound like this "Do you want this toy Princess? How about this one little miss? " (my three year old boy is infatuated with his sister ever since she started smiling at him, it's the cutest thing)
    Awwww...he's such a sweety!

• I totally have a lazy one! LOL. DD refuses to roll from tummy to back, but will roll from back to tummy! This makes it interesting since she hates, with a passion, being on her tummy for long periods of time. So needless to say we spend some time helping her figure out that if she got on her tummy, she can get on her back LOL.
    image image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"