December 2011 Moms
Options

S/O napping

So as of now DS sleeps fine in his crib but refuses to nap in it. I start him off in the swing unt he's asleep and leave him for 15-20 min and then put him in his crib. This works perfectly fine at night but during the day he wakes up immediately and is crying within 5 min. How do I get him to nap in his crib? Is he still too young? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O napping

• Options
    We have this same problem.  DS sleeps great in his crib at night but during the day forget it.  I tried to get him to nap in the crib yesterday and he only lasted 1/2 hour.   He will sleep in his bouncy or swing ok, but he sleeps best on my chest.  I'm not sure why but I figure for now it's fine.  As long as he sleeps good at night I don't really care where he sleeps during the day for now.
  • Options

same problem here!  She sleeps awesome in her crib at night but will not nap there.  granted, right now she's nursing every 2ish hours during the day to make up for her awesome night sleeping, so she's not napping much at all.  I'm lucky to get more than 30 minutes no matter where I put her.  Usually it's the bouncer or the swing. 

Even if I watch for her sleepy cues and take her up stairs and rock her until she's almost asleep, she's wide awake as soon as she hits the mattress.  I wanted to get her used to it since she'll be in a portacrib at daycare, but so far nothing is working!

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"