Stay at Home Moms

Feel like crap

I noticed a lot of us are today.  I've had a sore throat since Saturday.  Went to the doc yesterday thinking for sure it's strep.  My lymph nodes are swollen, feels like I'm swallowing glass even when I just drink water, ears are bothering me, but the rapid strep came back negative.  All she gave me was something called magic mouth wash to help numb my throat.  Problem is, it numbs my whole mouth but not my throat.  It wasn't my normal doc that I saw, and today I feel even worse than yesterday so I called my regular doc to get a second opinion.  Now I am waiting for a call back from his nurse.

In the mean time, mil is coming by to take ds out of the house for a bit.  I think she's taking him to McDonalds for lunch and to let him play.  She's also bringing me a milk shake.  She seriously gets on my nerves some times with certain things, but I am so thankful for her right now.  She always means well, it just doesn't come across that way sometimes and now I feel like a jerk for feeling like that since she's helping me out.  No real point to this other than to get it out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feel like crap

• Sad Feel better!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've heard there are alarmingly high number of false negatives with the rapid strep tests.
  • Loading the player...
  • Awhile ago (I think last winter?)  I had a HORRIBLE sore throat and was achy and just felt awful.  It went on for a week or 2 and finally I went to the doctor because my sister had strep and I was sure I had it too.

It turned out that I didn't have it and I have no idea how that was possible.

Have you tried those sucrets or cepacol (sp?) thorat numbing things you suck on?  They helped me a little.

ETA: Feel better!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"