June 2012 Moms

A little concerned...

I had my ultrasound two weeks ago at 21 weeks, but my doctor was out of town so I went for my monthly check-up today, at 23 weeks. She told me that at my ultrasound my little guy was measuring 19 weeks. She told me she wants me to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks from now, to track his rate of growth. If he stays at 2 weeks or closer to my due date, she said she's not concerned...both my husband and I were small babies. I was 17 days late and weighed 7 lbs 6 oz, and my husband was a twin so he was born at 35 weeks and weighed 4 lbs. Her concern is if the baby loses more ground in growing...that is, if he measures more then 2 weeks behind.

I guess my question is, have any of you had this? Should I be worried? I am trying not to be, but I am a pretty anxious person anyway, so now I'm super concerned. Thanks! 

Brynn Due May 28th, 2012 IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A little concerned...

• I have heard of people measuring off and I think the U/S at 20 weeks isn't very accurate. DS was measuring a week off and he was fine. Was this your first u/s?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlue990:
    I have heard of people measuring off and I think the U/S at 20 weeks isn't very accurate. DS was measuring a week off and he was fine. Was this your first u/s?

Yes it was. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with you sweetie. My little guy is very tiny. We found out yesterday that he is only in the 5th percentile. I too, have to get another ultrasound in 3.5 weeks to check his growth. I can't help but be worried myself. I wish I had advice for you, but I am here if you need to talk about it. I'm trying to not show how worried I am in real life, but its eating me up inside. ((Hugs))
  • My doc only worries if baby measures more than 2 weeks off either way from EDD.  Also, if this is your first US, measurements for age are highly inaccurate.  Only US before 13 weeks, and actually closer to 8-10 is better, are accurate in assessing gestational age. Babies grow at their own pace and can vary from the norm quirte a bit throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.  Try not to worry and be excited you get to see LO again!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageheatherm818:
    My doc only worries if baby measures more than 2 weeks off either way from EDD.  Also, if this is your first US, measurements for age are highly inaccurate.  Only US before 13 weeks, and actually closer to 8-10 is better, are accurate in assessing gestational age. Babies grow at their own pace and can vary from the norm quirte a bit throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.  Try not to worry and be excited you get to see LO again!
    where were you yesterday when I needed this?! :)
  • imageemilyheps:
    imageheatherm818:
    My doc only worries if baby measures more than 2 weeks off either way from EDD.  Also, if this is your first US, measurements for age are highly inaccurate.  Only US before 13 weeks, and actually closer to 8-10 is better, are accurate in assessing gestational age. Babies grow at their own pace and can vary from the norm quirte a bit throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.  Try not to worry and be excited you get to see LO again!

Bah!  I missed it I think.  I have a hard time getting on on my days off.  Did you have an early US or only this one when you went to the hospital yesterday?  My advice is the same to you, although it always was stupid and annoying advice when people said it to me last time around, try not to worry :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageheatherm818:

imageemilyheps:
    imageheatherm818:

Bah!  I missed it I think.  I have a hard time getting on on my days off.  Did you have an early US or only this one when you went to the hospital yesterday?  My advice is the same to you, although it always was stupid and annoying advice when people said it to me last time around, try not to worry :)

This was at the hospital. He was measuring good at 12 week, and then not so good yesterday.
  • Thanks for the information. I am feeling a little better now just trying to not get too anxious!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"