Austin Babies

Weight Loss/Get Healthy check in

How is everyone doing? Any issues regarding weight loss or working out? Anything tips you've learned you want to share?

I finally got over the plateau I was having and I think I'm finally "healed" and my body is starting to work the way it should.  I think what finally did it was adding some fat into my diet. Who would have thought? With the detox I am doing there isn't a lot of opportunities for fat other than butter, some dressings, avocados and peanut butter. I don't really use butter, wasn't eating peanut butter and rarely eating avocados. Last week I started eating more avocado and added peanut butter to my protein shakes and I had like a 4lb weight loss where I was only getting a pound or two before.

Speaking of peanut butter, OMG why didn't anyone tell me how yummy it was in protein shakes? Taste great and keeps me full longer. I really love the protein shakes I get from Backbone and it's the first time I'm not turned off by artificial sweeteners in a protein shake. I use my cuisinart personal blender every morning to make the shakes and their great.

Re: Weight Loss/Get Healthy check in

• Ha!  I'm on day 5 of the detox and the lack of nut butter is killing me.  Seriously, even after as much as we spent, I don't think DH is going to stick with it if he can't have nuts.  I got him to promise me he'd take it through Day 11 before making a firm decision, but that's about as far as he may go. Sad

It's hard bc we both used to eat fairly healthy.  My go-to snack was raw almonds, and he ate mixed nuts multiple times a day.

He works out with weights and cardio 5-7 days a week, so now he's drinking way too many protein shakes.

I know I'm doing a good thing with the sugar detox, but I'm really not sure about the rest. 

• I haven't stepped on a scale for over a week. I'd have weighed in this morning, but AF is starting today and I know it'll be high so.. pbbbbt to that.

I'm in a great food routine, and really enjoying my green monster thing (still!) and am sticking to my plan, but its the same ol same ol.. nothing is really changing. Well, scratch that - I'm stronger in yoga, and my belly is a little flatter, its just slow going.  I know logically I should start going to the gym and doing some actual weight lifting, but I haaaaaate it. Its the only thing that'll do the trick, no joke, but I just don't want to. I'm actually asking myself if its a good trade off, and so far the answer is yes.

• Loading the player...
  • imageFireChiefsBride:

Ha!  I'm on day 5 of the detox and the lack of nut butter is killing me.  Seriously, even after as much as we spent, I don't think DH is going to stick with it if he can't have nuts.  I got him to promise me he'd take it through Day 11 before making a firm decision, but that's about as far as he may go. Sad

It's hard bc we both used to eat fairly healthy.  My go-to snack was raw almonds, and he ate mixed nuts multiple times a day.

He works out with weights and cardio 5-7 days a week, so now he's drinking way too many protein shakes.

I know I'm doing a good thing with the sugar detox, but I'm really not sure about the rest. 

The first week or two is the hardest. I LOVED pb&j sandwhiches. Loved. The kids love them too so it was so hard making them for the kids and I couldn't have ANY! I just added pb last week and I'm going to try to avoid pb&j even after I'm done. I want to try to stay as low carb as possible and bread just has so many calories and carbs, I'm not sure I want to spend my calories there. Technically my 5 week detox was over yesterday but we extended it for two more weeks since I was a little slow in responding. 

Are you doing a specific detox? I know I had to avoid nuts because of the mold that could be in them and that wasn't good for the candida. I think Sara was allowed to eat nuts in her detox because hers wasn't a candida detox.

• We're both candida.  DH's is minor, though. He has another dominant issue.  Maybe he can get them back- I promised him we'd ask. 

• DH and I had date night on Saturday and I always fall of the wagon.  Basically, I haven't had a net loss this week, but I did lose the 3 pounds I gained on Saturday.  (How on earth do I gain 3 pounds in a day?  ::sigh::)  

Still not exercising and I'm not sure when to fit it in.  A big part of the problem is that I hate working out and I just can't seem to make myself do it during my now very limited free time. 

I'm pretty motivated to lose the next 17 pounds though.  That puts me at my pre-preg weight.  I'm finally making some progress convincing DH to start fertility treatments and I would really like to make that first goal first.  I had a really easy pregnancy with Kate and I would like my next one to be easy too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost three pounds this weekend, but not in a good way. Basically, I somehow didn't fuel well enough before my half marathon, waited too long to eat afterwards, and spent the rest of the day in a really awful state. Not fun.

Anyway, I'm done with big training runs for a while, which means I'll need to pay closer attention to what I'm eating. I think I'm going to switch back to WW for a while because I was eating better on their plan than I was when I was counting calories. Anyone else doing WW?

• imageChicklit:

Anyone else doing WW?

Me.  I do the online only, not in-person meetings.  So, basically I just track my eating & exercising with the app.

I've got 4.2 pounds left to reach my (self-chosen) goal, and it's not easy.  I'm currently at my lowest weight (by half a pound, heh) from the past five or six months, but I bounce around week to week within a couple of pounds. WW automatically lowered my daily points a couple of weeks ago (WTF?), but I rarely stay within the new limit because I don't want to feel hungry or deprived just to reach a goal; I think that would only lead me to re-gaining these last 5 pounds.  I know I need to add in a different kind of exercise--like weight lifting or something like that--but I'm feeling cranky about it. 

• imageGuavaGal:
    imageChicklit:

Anyone else doing WW?

Me.  I do the online only, not in-person meetings.  So, basically I just track my eating & exercising with the app.

I've got 4.2 pounds left to reach my (self-chosen) goal, and it's not easy.  I'm currently at my lowest weight (by half a pound, heh) from the past five or six months, but I bounce around week to week within a couple of pounds. WW automatically lowered my daily points a couple of weeks ago (WTF?), but I rarely stay within the new limit because I don't want to feel hungry or deprived just to reach a goal; I think that would only lead me to re-gaining these last 5 pounds.  I know I need to add in a different kind of exercise--like weight lifting or something like that--but I'm feeling cranky about it. 

Congratulations on being so close to your goal. That's awesome!

If I'm not mistaken the lower number is optional. You can change it in your settings. I subscribe to your way of thinking, so when I get back on the plan, I'm keeping the original.

• Since switching to the other bathroom, I haven't had a scale. I need to go dig it out and use that sucker. I'm sure it won't be pretty.

I did stock up on healthy foods at the house, thank goodness. That's all I've got.

• I'm down 5 pounds.  Not much, but something.

I'm planning on dropping my WW membership today, and convincing DH that the WW money should be used for re-signing me up at the gym.   

• well i pretty much took last week off.  with getting the house ready and going out of town, i barely worked out and ate crap.  oh well.

my 'fast' is over but i'm trying to keep up the things i liked about it.  we'll see how long that lasts :)  right now i'm having a cup of coffee when i get up, a protein smoothie mid-morning after my workout, a light meal of fresh fruit and beans or nuts with a few slices of cheese mid-afternoon and a light dinner.

i went to kickboxing yesterday and weights/strength class today.  this week is ON! :)

• We were out of town Saturday through Monday for a funeral and I didn't track my calories. I know I went over but I didn't go crazy like I normally would. I walked Saturday and Sunday mornings too.

I gained 3 pounds over the weekend! Ugh. I'm pretty sure some if it has to do with AF showing up today though..so I hope it comes off quickly.

I'm tracking calories again today and I already got my walk in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"