Parenting after a Loss

DS moving a lot while sleeping

He has been sleeping in his room since 3 months old. Recently he has been moving a LOT in his sleep. He brings his legs up and pushes them out. This happens again and again. Sometimes he does it with lot of force and wakes himself up. I am trying to figure out if it is gas, or he is too hot, bothered by wet diape, or just a phase. Did your LO do something like thus around 4 month old?
BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS moving a lot while sleeping

• Well, I think that is one of the big reasons why I kicked Ro into her own room around 5 months. She started being a terrible wiggle worm and kicking and punching me and so I was not sleeping. She is all over her crib now too.  If he otherwise seems fine I would think he is probably fine.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• He is all over his PnP
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • It is probably totally normal.   If the leg pulling is accompanied by a lot of grunting/straining/crying, though, it could be a sign of gas or constipation.  If his poops are soft when he goes, you can rule out constipation. That leaves either gas or it is just him figuring out his body.  babies are notoriously loud poopers :)  You can try: burping him and swaddling him before bed to help stop him from waking himself up, giving him some gas drops or gripe water before bed and/or elevating one side of his bed a bit to give him the benefit of gravity and see if that helps.  If he is still doing it, then you just have to try to wait it out.  Normally they out grow waking themselves up by 6 months, but def talk to your pediatrician if you are worried about him.

GL!

• I call it his Ninja Kicks.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Yes, DD does this too and she's swaddled but still ends up completely opposite of how i put her in the crib.  She lifts both legs up at once and slams them down.  She also escapes her arms free from the swaddle etc... i think it's normal b/c she doesn't grunt or do anything else that seems to be bothering her. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"