Cloth Diapering

Pocket Diapers you don't have to unstuff before washing?

I am currently waiting on a Thirsties Duo Diaper to try out for daycare because I read they have a "sleeve" design where the pocket is open on both ends and works its self out in the washer.  I would like to not have to "un-stuff" the pocket diaper before washing.  I have heard after sitting in a bag all day at daycare (she usually poops in the morning) they can be a bit "ripe" so I would like to avoid handling them.

List of brands to try and why you recommend them? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pocket Diapers you don't have to unstuff before washing?

• I have both Thirsties and Applecheeks and love both of them for not having to unstuff them.  I do prefer AppleCheeks to Thirsties - the quality seems better but the price is higher.
  • Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 - the insert flips out while in the washing machine and you never have to touch it. They're really great materials and trim fitting too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBubbleToes:
    I have both Thirsties and Applecheeks and love both of them for not having to unstuff them.  I do prefer AppleCheeks to Thirsties - the quality seems better but the price is higher.

Thanks!  I hadn't heard of that brand.  I checked out your blog and loved your list of your stash.  Any time you unload, please let me know: thehistoryofus@yahoo.com! 

• We love our Thirsties stash - don't have to touch them until they come out of the dryer! [ Yes, I dry them. :) ]
  • imageavalovesart:
    Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 - the insert flips out while in the washing machine and you never have to touch it. They're really great materials and trim fitting too!
    This. We really love these and applecheeks.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • imagebugandbibs:
    imageavalovesart:
    Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 - the insert flips out while in the washing machine and you never have to touch it. They're really great materials and trim fitting too!
    This. We really love these and applecheeks.

Any reason behind the Simplex 2.0 over the One Size Simplex? 

• My Thirsties are the only ones I have that work out the insert. But I don't like their quality.
  • My blueberry pockets unstuff themselves in the wash.
  • I love my Smartipants.

They have openings at both ends and no need to unstuff before washing (I find them alot easier to initially stuff with the two openings as well).  I liked them best from my trial with Jillian's Drawers and they make up the majority of my stash.  I double them up with Thirsties hemp inserts and they still agitate out and are very trim. HTH!

• I've never unstuffed any of my pocket dipes.  I do eyeball the diapers after the rinse cycle though and once the nasties are rinsed off I have on occasion pulled out a BG insert.  But for the most part they all come out - we have BG, Blueberry, RAR, HH and Swaddlebees.
  • Also watch EcoBabyBuys for Mommy's Touch. They are open at both ends. I find them to be very trim-fitting and they come in cool colors.  They are a bit bigger than most one-sizes so maybe keep them in mind for a few months from now. GL
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • My fuzzibunz inserts come out in the wash, but that's about it.  The rest of my pockets are mainly kawaii, and they have the extra flap in the back that I think makes it harder for them to come out in the wash.  What I do is unstuff after my initial rinse.  I throw them in the pail stuffed, then pull out the inserts once they've been rinsed once in the washer.  Makes me feel like they aren't quite so gross when I'm touching them. 
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • You don't have to unstuff Fuzzibunz. They separate and come out on their own during the wash cycle.
  • I've never had to unstuff a pocket in my home washer, which is a standard top loader. However, on a recent vacation we washed in a front loader and we did have the unstuff to use that.

We use FB, HH, and Kawaii pockets.

• imageholly116:

I love my Smartipants.

They have openings at both ends and no need to unstuff before washing (I find them alot easier to initially stuff with the two openings as well).  I liked them best from my trial with Jillian's Drawers and they make up the majority of my stash.  I double them up with Thirsties hemp inserts and they still agitate out and are very trim. HTH!

If DD didn't have such sensitive skin, we would have used these exclusively. We liked how trim they were, and the price was nice too. DD is sensitive to anything but natural fibers, so we were only able to use the one we got a few times before figuring this out. Hoping our next has my husband's skin! lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lily loves her new little sister!
    Lily Sue 8.17.2009
    Forever loved and missed...Dot 6.14.10, Little Bit 8.20.10, Speck 3.16.11
    Adair Leigh 3.27.12
  • Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet is Tots Bots Easy Fit. Technically it's an AIO, but it has a pocket that you stuff with the attached insert. The fabric against baby's skin is bamboo, too. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have bumgenius OS and never have to unstuff mine.
  • Applecheeks.

This is a clip I just saw on Dragon's Den (similar to Shark Tank).

https://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/2012/01/apple-cheeks-diapers.html

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"