Frozen milk question — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Frozen milk question

Hi all - hoping someone can help. LO was born October 8. I basically exclusively pump for him, but I recently returned back to work and my supply is plummetting! I have a huge freezer stash, but I was wondering if it was ok to give baby milk from say, the end of October(given it is not spoiled), as I know bm changes as your baby gets older. What would be the oldest milk that is safe/good for him? I am trying hard to get my milk supply to increase, but in the interim, I would like to be able to use what I have. I welcome any advice or input! TIA

Re: Frozen milk question

• My lo is getting milk from september right now still and she is 6 months. It is good in a freezer for 4-6 months depending on the temp and for up to a year in a deep freeze. I would still try to give a mixture of fresh and frozen if possible.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v672/bonitatinabina/?action=view
  • I try and do most of the bottles while I am at work from our frozen stash so I can use the oldest first.  However, it is important that you are also feeding fresh milk since that is producing the current antibodies for your baby.  Since I nurse in the morning and evenings, DS is always getting fresh there, so I don't worry if his bottles are frozen milk.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You could do one or two bottles of frozen each day if it helps. 
  • Thanks all! I still am pumping about 25-30 oz a day, so lo will get plenty of fresh milk. I would hate to see the stash I built up go to waste!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards