Infertility
Options

so excited be a lucky charm

I posted a few days ago about how DH was on the fence about IFV # 3, Well he asked me the other night to sit down with him so we could talk, He explained his concerns which I totally understand. Well we have decided since we have the insurance to cover this last hope that we would go with it and hope that 3rd time is the charm and not 3 strikes you are out. We are in process of getting our checks together to pay the doctor our deductible % and the pharmacy. Any other lucky charms out there?

on a side note. Our very first IVF was in march of last year and we called those embies our lucky charms. Though I thinking this cycle we will transfer 3 again like we did last cycle since we know this is for us we are DONE. and hope third time is charm and the three embies are ones that take this time. (doesnt have be all three but at least one would be good)

Just out of curiousity what is your cut off with how many IVF you would do? We orginally said one and than found insuance would cover a second so we did that and now we know insurance cap is 3 so why not take it. I mean insurance is only good through december so want to take full advantage of it. After this 3rd time we would reach the lifetime insurance coverage for any form of fertility

Re: so excited be a lucky charm

• Options

Good luck!

DH and I were talking that we never set a "max" but if this FET doesn't work that we need to have a heart to heart and figure that out.  I too have coverage, so I think that we would max out our lifetime benefits and would possibly do another one or two cycles OOP, but I don't know ...

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Good luck with your IVF #3. Third time is definitely the charm!!

We're just starting out on our IVF#1, but we agreed we will try at least two. We're completely out of pocket so we're using one of Attain's multi cycle programs that gives us 2 fresh and 2 frozen for almost the same price as a new car ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck!!

DH and I will also be a lucky charm. The plan is have our first IVF in March. I do not know how many we will do. Most likely until the insurance runs out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good Luck! 

We aren't setting a major deadline, because it's so much pressure, but we do re-evaluate each cycle. As of now we'll be finishing our cycles and what's covered here in Europe before we move and start again fresh.

Honestly we're mainly staying here to use our insurance. After that we have nothing keeping us here and are ready for a big change. 

Personally I'll do my 3 fresh here, one frozen (maybe more if our next fresh gives us any) and maybe 1 more in the US or elsewhere. At some point I need to throw in the towel. Everyone says "you're so young", but being so young also means having to fight this battle and give up in other areas of my life. I'd personally rather devote attention to the things I've been neglecting / the next chapter than feel like a masochist as I cycle again and again with the same result.  

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Options
    imageMitzi Bishi:

Good Luck! 

We aren't setting a major deadline, because it's so much pressure, but we do re-evaluate each cycle. As of now we'll be finishing our cycles and what's covered here in Europe before we move and start again fresh.

Honestly we're mainly staying here to use our insurance. After that we have nothing keeping us here and are ready for a big chance. 

Personally I'll do my 3 fresh here, one frozen (maybe more if our next fresh gives us any) and maybe 1 more in the US or elsewhere. At some point I need to throw in the towel. Everyone says "you're so young", but being so young also means having to fight this battle and give up in other areas of my life. I'd personally rather devote attention to the things I've been neglecting / the next chapter than feel like a masochist as I cycle again and again with the same result.  

this is what everyone keeps telling us that we are so young. Which we are I am 25 DH is 28. So yes we are young but we are not sure we will ever have such good insurance again so we want to use it while we have it. If this cycle does not work we will work on getting our lives back on track, We are both trying to finish our degrees and our careers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"