May 2012 Moms
Options

mattress

Any Mommies reccomend a specific mattress for LO.  I am concerned b/c there are so many and although I want to stay in a reasonable price range; I don't want to buy something that isn't safe.  What do you all reccomend.  TIA for the advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: mattress

• Options
    I know that firm is best for newborns and noticed that there are quite a few that have a firm side and a softer side for when the LO is older. Personally, I am big on getting an organic mattress. They use naturally flame retardant materials rather than chemical. That is really important to me since baby will be spending hours and hours on it. I went to the store and took a look at the mattresses in person rather than choosing online alone. I found that helpful to see the quality. Good luck!

• Options

My mom and sister did extensive research and told me to get this one.  My sister just had a baby last May and my mom put a crib in her house.  They both have this one. 

https://www.amazon.com/Serta-Nightstar-Extra-Firm-Mattress/dp/B000S9A37I/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IQYZ5JQFGBA98&colid=SEURG6TDZHIC

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

From researching the issue I decided to go with a mattress with more than 200 coils, and ended up with one in the 225-250 range... that was 3 years ago but I want to say it was baby bargains? and websites...

We just had a good friend give us a crib mattress that was 3 years old that we will be using for the next baby, it was much more expensive than anything we would have bought and used only for there one son.  I feel like I won the lottery since that is about $100 we saved. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry they were both Serta brand which seem to have lasted well, not sure the exact names/types but one is 220 ish coils and one is 250 ish coils. 

Definitely go to the store and feel the mattresses if you can you can notice the difference. 

• Options
    We are getting the Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress. It came highly recommend in the Baby Bargains book. 
  • Options
    Sealy Baby Firm Rest Crib Mattress this is the one we bought.
  • Options

OP, thank you for posting this. I was debating between 2 matresses and this helped me out. I'll be getting the Sealy extra firm posturpedic (sp?)

With DS, my aunt and uncle bought a matress before I registered. Now I'm curious what kind of matress he has........ I'm pretty sure it's a serta.

• Options
    I am ordering our crib from pottery barn along with our other furniture and am just trying to decide about ordering one of their mattresses.  Anyone had any experiences with their lullaby mattress?
  • Options
    I got the sealy orthorest. it has over 250coils fells really firm and was a bargain at walmart I got on sale for 60bucks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"