Nurseries and Baby Gear

Which setting on crib?

I fianlly have my crib and ready to set it up but I have a question...

There are three levels of placement for the springs.  I know that the lowest level is for when they are able to stand up but should I start on the highest or middle level for an infant?  The high looks REALLY high and didn't know if it was safe to start on the middle leve...

hope this makes sense! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which setting on crib?

• For the newborn stage the highest is best.  You don't want to bend down and baby is not moving.  We moved ours to the middle once DD started sitting up and to the bottom when she was standing, but we were really lucky and she never once tried to climb out.  But any position is safe.  You can start on the bottom, but that seems like a pain to me.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Start on the highest level. There's no way an infant is going to get out and you don't want to have to bend over to far into the crib tonlay them down when they're sleeping or pick them up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTKx2:
    Start on the highest level. There's no way an infant is going to get out and you don't want to have to bend over to far into the crib tonlay them down when they're sleeping or pick them up.
    Yes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • The highest level will be easier for you and it's perfectly safe for newborns.  I completely skipped the middle position and moved ours straight to the bottom position when he started sitting up.  It's kind of a pain to adjust and I didn't want to be moving it again in a few months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Highest! They cant move and it will be more comfortable for you. 
  • Highest for a newborn - they can't escape! 

At 6m our pedi suggested lowering the crib mattress to the bottom.  We only have 2 settings, so we switched then and never looked back.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"