Babies on the Brain
Options

Names that make my eyes hurt...

I always see strange names, but I'm reviewing some infor and came across these. 

Tylur,  Cleotilde,  Karma Emerald, Druiyndria (middle name), Demon ( as in Damon)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Names that make my eyes hurt...

• Options
    imageLyssapee:

Tylur,  Cleotilde,  Karma Emerald, Druiyndria (middle name), Demon ( as in Damon)

SurpriseIndifferent

WHY would you do that to a child?  Don't people realize that these kids have to get a job someday, and have that name on their resume?

I'm praying for normal middle names the kids can use instead of the you-neek ones their parents thought were fun and different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have I told you guys about Shi' Thead? Pronounced Sha the d.  He is a coworker of DH. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone posted on 3rd tri yesterday she named her kid hemi.  Not sure if its after the truck engine or hemorrhoids but either way it's bad
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMysterious_wife:
    Have I told you guys about Shi' Thead? Pronounced Sha the d.  He is a coworker of DH. 

Whoa. I believe this is the very worst I have ever heard. 

• Options

imageKristinmo:
    Someone posted on 3rd tri yesterday she named her kid hemi.  Not sure if its after the truck engine or hemorrhoids but either way it's bad

Gag. Poor kid... 

• Options
    I work in a nursery and I hear ALL the names!  When I ask parent what their child's name is often times I cannot even repeat it back and can only say, "awww, thats sweet".  My all time favorite name though was Mirror T'Angel!  Dad was so proud too because HE named her! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I knew a Demon. It was pronounced Da Mon. Oddly enough, this kid really was the devil..
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

A friend of mine's youngest son had a classmate a couple of years ago named:  His Majesty.

I kid you not.

• Options
    imageLyssapee:

Whaaaa?

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesevans1975:

A friend of mine's youngest son had a classmate a couple of years ago named:  His Majesty.

I kid you not.

I remember a kid from my childhood named Sir Kenneth.

Our Little Lady

• Options
    Chlamydia is stupidly common. 

XTQ'shaniqua. Apparently the XT and Q are silent. 
  • Options
    imageblowfish11:
    imageLyssapee:

Whaaaa?

It's actually a middle name, his first name was sort of normal, but his sister is Tylur. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLyssapee:
    imageblowfish11:
    imageLyssapee:

Whaaaa?

It's actually a middle name, his first name was sort of normal, but his sister is Tylur. 

I just don't how to even attempt pronouncing that.  

Our Little Lady

• Options
    I met a grown woman named Tekila this weekend. Pronounced like tequila. Amazingly, she seemed normal, I don't think she ever became a stripper or anything. But with a name like that...
  • Options
    The funniest I ever saw was Lil' Human. No idea if it was a boy or a girl.
  • Options
    Ditto to all normal names that are misspelled just to be "different"....Ashlee, Cony (Connie), and Marqus are all ones I've seen.  All this means is that this kid is going to have to pronounce and spell their name for everyone they meet from then on.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen Iamunique (I am unique all mashed together) probably three times or more, so apparently mom or dad was wrong.  Takia (tuh KY) is a good one too. WHY?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    imagescatteredtrees:

imageTonya_G:
    I met a grown woman named Tekila this weekend. Pronounced like tequila. Amazingly, she seemed normal, I don't think she ever became a stripper or anything. But with a name like that...

When I worked in social services I had a kid in my case load named Tequila, but it was pronounced "Tah-key-uh" and her twin was Quisha and pronounces "Key-shy-a" ... it gave me a headache. 

I had a student named Ty'rai. Pronounced Ta-ry-ah. I kept reading it Tie-ray-ah the first few weeks of school. Finally she said, just call me TT. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"