C-sections
Options

Are there any questions i should ask at my pre-op appt?

My pre-op is early March and im curious as to how it's going to go and if there is anything i should ask or request or...? I DO know that i'm going to ask about the belly band last time they gave me one and want to know if ill get one again or should buy one. TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Are there any questions i should ask at my pre-op appt?

• Options
    My first was an emergency, so I basically asked how things go when it is scheduled so I had an idea of what to expect.  Other than that, there wasn't much I needed to know since I'd been through it before. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you plan to bf maybe ask about the hospital policy on bfing in recovery. It seems to differ from hospital to hospital. The first one I delivered at required the I lay flat for at least 1 hour durring recovery (making it very hard to bf). The second one I delivered at let me sit up as soon as I could lift my legs a bit (which was only about 30 minutes after surgery and made it MUCH easier to bf). I have heard of other hospitals not even allowing patients to bf until they're out of recovery (which I don't understand how they can do). Other than that, just ask about anything you want (or don't want) to happen durring your delivery. If you have any special requests now would be the time to bring them up (assuming your pre-op will be with your dr. mine was.) If your DH wants to cut the cord I'd maybe ask in advance if they allow that, I know it's important to some people (both obs that delivered my babies offered but DH didn't want to). All I remember asking at my pre-op was how soon I could go home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"