North Carolina Babies

3 year well check?

What is done at this appointment. I know there are no shots, but will Jocelyn need to be undressed? I ask because we have an appointment with a male doctor and she is not too comfortable about men, so I am not sure if I should change it. She's only been to the doctor once since her 2 year check (asides from coming with me for Cam a couple times). Not sure what to expect.

Daddy will be coming with us, and Cam will be getting his 9 month check at the same time, so I want to avoid melt downs. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 year well check?

• I can't remember if Nate had to be undressed for his 3 year appt, so you may just want to call and let them know that she's uneasy with men and see if you can get it changed. I think the doctor did the standard weight, height, listen to heart/lungs, look at eyes, ears, nose, etc, and the rest of the appointment was just talking to me and Nate to get an idea of how he was doing developmentally, how he was eating and sleeping, etc. I remember it being a pretty fun appointment for Nate (he loves his pediatrician).
  • We go to Cary Peds, and I'm not sure if it's different elsewhere, but I'm 99% sure Will had to get down to undies...easier for the doc to listen and feel everything.

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • H did get a shot at hers.. It was the last of the hepatitis A boosters. I think we were late on it or something though (though we've followed the AAP schedule, so I don't know how). But anyway, we weren't expecting it. But the rest of the appt was with her on my lap, because she kind of freaked out at the nurse's station. She did not have to undress. They checked her ears, listened to her heart, etc and then just talked to us about her abilities. I was kind of surprised that it wasn't more in-depth, but that was pretty much it!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• imageMrsHughesNC:
    H did get a shot at hers.. It was the last of the hepatitis A boosters. I think we were late on it or something though (though we've followed the AAP schedule, so I don't know how). But anyway, we weren't expecting it. But the rest of the appt was with her on my lap, because she kind of freaked out at the nurse's station. She did not have to undress. They checked her ears, listened to her heart, etc and then just talked to us about her abilities. I was kind of surprised that it wasn't more in-depth, but that was pretty much it!

Thank you! I think we will be fine with our pedi, we've been seeing him since the day Jocelyn was born (he was the attending dr at Rex) so I'd like to stay with him. She does love going to the doctor, I just thought if she was going to have to get totally undressed it may make her a bit nervous. I hope we don't have any shots! 

• The nurse asked me to take Liam's shorts off, so he'd just be in tshirt and undies for the exam. But he's weird about being undressed, so he kept them on. I just explained to the pedi, and she was fine with it. If Jocelyn is uncomfortable undressing, I wouldn't push it, and I'm sure the pedi will understand.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah i'm pretty sure they had Jack in his shirt and undies but not i honestly dont remember because he is totally fine with it either way. He did get a shot but it was his flu shot which obviously if she got it she already had it. And you could just plan to put her in a dress that day so if the doctor had to check anything there would be less to move around.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We go to JMA also and there was no nekkid ness for Katie. It was a fun appointment. No shots since she got the flu mist instead.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Maddie also had to get a shot at her 3 year, which I wasn't expecting (and had told her that she wasn't getting any shots- oops). They had her put on a tiny little hospital gown for her check up, it was cute. And they also had her pee in a cup. Other than that, it was just like a normal check up, asking about milestones and checking her out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"