Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Transition from Similac Alimentum to Similac Sensitive

Our doctor gave us a green light to start transitioning our little guy to Similac Sensitive. I am looking for some ideas on how to do that? He's been on the Alimentum since 5 weeks old and now he is 22 pounds and showing no allergy or reaction to any foods or cereals. Thank you all.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Transition from Similac Alimentum to Similac Sensitive

• Options
    My son was on Alimentum from 7 weeks old until he was 6 and half months. We did it cold turkey and he did great! They say to switch cold like that inorder to know if he can handle it. My son only does the liquid form and since he was so use to it we had to still use the liquid Sensitive. But we were happy to not have to pay for the Alimentum! Good Luck!

• Options
    My son is currently on Elecare, a step up from Alimentum and Neutramigen.  We see a GI at the university hospital and she has given us strict instructions to start first with baked milk products, then try some yogurt, and then if no reaction to either, can switch to regular sim advanced.  She advised against cold-turkey as it can be too shocking, and if they really have an allergy then it will take much longer to exit their system.  Setting you up for maybe weeks of an upset stomach.  She said there is really no need to do Sensitive at 8 months since it is really a dairy intolerance, and if they outgrown it then it should be fine to do the advance.  So today I actually made some homemade baked mac & cheese, it has milk and cheese, but baked.  So fingers crossed :) Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We tried at Xmas and it was a complete fail. He was spitting up A LOT and it was chunky. He was fine otherwise (mild constipation).  I was completely shocked because he never really got tested for reflux or anything. We basically started it after going to the Pedi for gas and fussiness issues at 4 months (right after I was done breastfeeding). He said it may not make a difference when he starts milk but for now we sticking with the alimentum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"