Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Jogger as everyday stroller?

Hi! I am looking for recommendations for a stroller that can be used for jogging (when the baby is old enough) but also for everyday things like mall, store, walks, etc.  I was disappointed to find out the city mini and britax b-agile are not actually joggers as I love the reviews and style but feel to buy one of those plus a jogger could be unnecessary but we will do it if needed! If you do have a jogger to recommend- is it compatible with car seats for infants? Any opinions appreciated!!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Jogger as everyday stroller?

• Options
  • Options

We love our BOB Revolution. I've see people use them as every day strollers but for me it's just too  big. It's heavy and takes up most of the back of our SUV when folded. It's hard to push one into a restaurant or through store aisles, plus I prefer a reversible seat for smaller kids.  If you want to be carseat compatible I would just get a snap'n'go.  

However for jogs or walks around the neighborhood, the BOB is awesome.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bumbleride Indie is a light jogger (can't run a marathon with it but a few miles a week is ok). It's also lightweight (20 lbs). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    You can't jog with an infant.
  • Options

imageOUKatie:

OP said when baby is old enough. Nice input though... 

• Options
    If you plan on jogging a lot then I would get a bob and you can connect an adapter for the car seat. It is very hard to find a jogger that is also a good everyday stroller. Maybe you could just get a cheap umbrella stroller for the mall and little errands. But bigger places like the zoo and walks would be great with the bob. The only problem you will have to wait a little to use the umbrella stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use my BOB as my everyday stroller, with the car seat adapter for when M is in her car seat.  I've never regretted it.  t does take up more space than a regular stroller would but I've always had enough room for my groceries or anything else.  I do sometimes envy the 1-handed fold/ unfold options of traditional strollers- but not enough to get one.  I love my BOB!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My main reasoning against a jogging stroller as an everyday stroller is that I'm a petite person and not very strong; therefore, I don't want to lug a heavier stroller around for errands, in and out of the car multiple times a day. 

We're getting the B-Agile, and then re-evaluating at 5-6 months to see if we also want a jogging stroller for more outdoors activities. Jogging strollers are all over Craigslist, so we'll probably just look for a used BOB if we want one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely love my BOB, but I don't use it as my everyday stroller because it is pretty bulky.
  • Options
    I LOVE my BOB for walks/ running and outdoor adventures however its just too big for me to manipulate through a mall or airport.  We had a snap n go when LO was smaller and once he could sit up on his own I bought a $100 cicco umbrella stroller for malls shopping trips

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    We have the BJ City Elite.  You aren't supposed to run long distances with it, but for how I run (embarrassingly slow, less than 2 miles) it works fine.  And I have loved it as our only stroller. The only drawback is that it is kinda heavy.  But it folds really well and handles like a dream.  And yes, you can snap an infant seat into it, you just have to buy the attachment for it.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

imagePinkPeony6210:
    I absolutely love my BOB, but I don't use it as my everyday stroller because it is pretty bulky.

THIS! I planned to use it as my everyday and wear baby when possible, but ended up getting the snap n' go two  weeks ago.  

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagejayleigh68:

imageOUKatie:

OP said when baby is old enough. Nice input though... 

My apologies, OP, I misread the last part about the infant carrier. Nice bitchiness, though, jayleigh. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"