Breastfeeding
Options

Returning to work...

Sadly, I return to work in 3 weeks.  My LO will be 13 weeks old and I will miss her SO much.

I have been EBF since her birth, and introduced the bottle a few weeks ago, just one time a week.  She has done fine. I have been pumping 2x a day between feedings to build up a small freezer stash. 

How do you suggest I transition her to bottlefeeding during the day?  I plan to pump at work and nurse at night and on the weekends.  Do I need to transition her to more bottles before I return?

I read that some people replace one nursing session a day with a bottle before going back. Is that sufficient?  

Please advise. 

THANK YOU! 

TTC since May 2010; BFP#1 11/9/10; M/C 12/27/10; BFP#2 03/15/11; EDD 11/24/11 Very happy! Baby Girl was born 11/21/11. Beautiful and healthy!

Re: Returning to work...

• Options

Just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat as you! I will be going back next week and LO will be 13 weeks, EBF.

He's had a bottle since a week old but hasn't had one in about 2 weeks at least. I try to do it once or twice a week.

I was thinking about replacing a feeding with a bottle between now and next week and pumping at the normal time but I mostly got advice on here saying don't do it....just wait till next week and my body will adapt. I just worry about LO being use to having a boob all day and will now get a bottle. This is the worst feeling....feeling like you're running out on them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    I'll be returning to work soon too and it makes me so sad.  I'll probably have DH give baby a bottle just to make sure she's ok with it, but not until we're really close to her going to DC.  I would rather continue to nurse her since I love it so much.  Good luck going back!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS started rejecting the bottle from DH right before i started back at work, so i was super stressed. it's been 4 weeks now that he's been at daycare, and the first 2 weeks were rough. but the daycare teachers found ways to get him re-accustomed to it, and he's now eating like a champ.

don't stress so much about the bottle (easier said than done). the baby will figure it out with some patience from his/her caregivers. just enjoy bf'ing while you are still with LO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"