TTC after 35
Options

TTC35+ Fit Club: Week 5 Check-in

Good morning, ladies!  How is everyone doing with one full month in?

Healthy living success in the past week?

Goals for this week?

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TTC35+ Fit Club: Week 5 Check-in

• Options
    imageowlprof:

Healthy living success in the past week?   I worked out four days during the work week, including Friday when I was (sadly) very hungover.

Goals for this week?  Exercise five days during the work week.

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes?  Wow, turns out I really do feel better, have more energy, etc. when I am eating healthier foods.  Who knew?  I still have the occasional splurge (e.g., chili dogs with my husband), but I am able to budget for those treats.

• Options

Good morning!

Success: Went out to a chinese restaurant for my FIL's birthday yesterday, and stuck with broccoli & garlic sauce and brown rice.  Skipped cake (OK, I had 2 small chocolate chip cookies instead... not bad for a birthday party), and had raspberry tea instead of coffee. By now, everyone is very aware of my health kick.

Goals: Three yoga classes this week, and a very brisk walk 1-2 times per day. Would also like to not pig out and get wasted at SIL's baby shower on Saturday.

Changes: I have more energy and less bloat than I did before. This chunky girl is feeling a little better about herself! 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good morning all!

Healthy living success in the past week?  I joined WW online.  Entering my meals each day has made me accountable to what I put in my mouth, whis is what I needed.  I did get 4 days of walking in (last weeks goal).  Lost 2.5# and excited to finally see pounds starting to budget.  We also solidified our vacation plans and we are going with extended family to Myrtle Beach....that's a big motivator, because I know that I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit.

Goals for this week? Exercise 5 days, figure out a way to not be starving on 29 points/day.

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes? I feel better about myself, just knowing that I'm doing something about what I've known was becoming a larger and larger problem over the past year.  Haven't found the extra energy yet, but this is the first week that I've had weight loss.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options

I traveled for work and actually remembered to take my workout clothes and actually used the hotel gym!

Goals for this week?

3 more workouts by Saturday, so 4 total for the week. 

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes?

I didn't really start until 2.5 weeks ago so I haven't lost any weight (plus I've done some weight training, so any weight loss might nominally be cancelled out by an increase in muscle) but I definitely notice a mood/energy difference already. 

• Options
    imageowlprof:

Goals for this week?

I'm joining this group a little late! I need to reduce my stress and also cut back on coffee. I failed miserably this morning by getting off on the wrong foot with my mood and then I had two cups of coffee when I'm trying to quit!

Goals for this week: put in two days on the elliptical machine as I find it very therapeutic for my sacroiliac joint issues.  I do a physical therapy routine every day to strengthen the muscles around my hips and pelvis. I also would like to get back into a yoga routine with more meditative practice. I have to learn to let go of my anger and grief over not being able to conceive already. I've become difficult to live with. Poor DH.

Not able to answer the last question because I just joined! Better late than never, huh?

EDIT: Forgot to mention the coffee. My goal this week is to drink one cup each day until I am out of my Keuring K-Cups (I have 3 or 4 left of the regular), then go down to Half-Caff maybe 1 or 2 days (it tastes awful so it's easy to get off that one), then decaf for a few more days and be done with it.  I go through this EVERY cycle. This needs to be the last one and I must control my urge to not buy more!

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageowlprof:

Good morning, ladies!  How is everyone doing with one full month in? Still down only 3 pounds.. Grrr...  Didn't lose any didn't gain any this week.

Healthy living success in the past week? Stuck to my points for 3 days the other four did pretty bad.

Goals for this week?  To get with the program and really do well.  I can do some much better and I know it!

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes? Really watching what I eat and thinking about it instead of just blindly putting food in my mouth.  And getting a lot of exercise.  With two active labs I always get at least 30 minutes of walking but now I am making even more effort to get another 30 minutes of walking or weights in as well.

Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • Options
    I didn't really make any progress for January.  I just had a phone call with a dietician though so she gave me some homework for the next two weeks.  She wants me to track my food with my mood description as well as try to get in fruits and veggies each day.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Healthy living success in the past week? Went to yoga after not going for the last 2 weeks.

Goals for this week? I have a weakness for Valentine's Day conversation hearts. Going to try to avoid the seasonal aisle at the grocery store.

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes? I've actually been on a health kick for about six months. I have lost 15 pounds and I feel SO much better. It definitely helps with the mental part of IF.

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Healthy living success in the past week? I made it the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, worked out at home on Saturday and went to the gym today.  I ate pretty well every day but Saturday, which was a planned GTG with some of the local women from the GP board on TN.

Goals for this week?  Try not to let one huge meal on the weekend ruin my progress.  Get to the gym/workout at home at least 3 times.

After one month of concentrating on healthy living, have you noticed any changes?  After a "good" day, I notice some weight loss.  Two weeks ago I was at my highest weight ever.  Now that was after three days of "birthday eating".  Saturday I was 7 pounds less than that, but my weight has been fluctuating so I don't feel like I can truly say I lost 7 pounds.  It's more like I'm back to what my "starting" weight should have been.  The biggest change is no heartburn.  I had been having it almost non-stop for about a month and a half.  Since I've been eating healthier, I haven't had it!

• Options
    I started out strong with the Jilian Michaels but ended up slow.  On Wednesday I thought that my body ached from a good workout.  By Thursday, it was clear that I had strep throat.  I was in bed for 5 days.  Yesterday I slept from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm.  Maybe having a fever for so long is burning extra calories?
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"