Babies: 6 - 9 Months

DD only woke up once last night!!!

Katelyn has slowly been dropping night feedings.  Around Christmas, she was waking 4 times a night (sometimes more) and eating for 10 minutes each time.  I work 50 hours a week and was exhausted.  I started sending more pumped milk to daycare by adding an extra pump session before I went to bed.  In December, she was getting 13-14oz a day for 9.5 hours.  Yesterday she got 19oz for the same time period.  As I've been able to pump more, she's started sleeping better.  In the last week, she has started to consistantly roll over in her crib to sleep on her belly.  This freaks me out, but she seems to sleep better.  I hope our good luck with sleep continues!
www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD only woke up once last night!!!

• Yea!  My LO (5.5 months) only woke up once last night as well!

We also have tried to play around with the amount of milk during the day but hadn't seen much of an impact.  Typically we were sending 4 four ounce bottles (16 ounces total) for a 10 hour day.  She was nursing before daycare, after daycare, before bed, and then whatever overnight.  It was exhausting, I agree! 

Yesterday, she nursed at at 5:30 (1 side) and 7:00 am (1 side) before daycare and only took three of her four bottles while she was there.  She also ate her two ounces of squash in the morning.  At home, she nursed again at 5:30 and 7:30 pm (both sides) and went to bed until 2 am! 

One other thing we changed was making her room really dark and turning off her nightlight.  She seems to be able to go back to sleep easier this way and maybe not fully waking every time she stirs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFisherman'sWife:

Yea!  My LO (5.5 months) only woke up once last night as well!

We also have tried to play around with the amount of milk during the day but hadn't seen much of an impact.  Typically we were sending 4 four ounce bottles (16 ounces total) for a 10 hour day.  She was nursing before daycare, after daycare, before bed, and then whatever overnight.  It was exhausting, I agree! 

Yesterday, she nursed at at 5:30 (1 side) and 7:00 am (1 side) before daycare and only took three of her four bottles while she was there.  She also ate her two ounces of squash in the morning.  At home, she nursed again at 5:30 and 7:30 pm (both sides) and went to bed until 2 am! 

One other thing we changed was making her room really dark and turning off her nightlight.  She seems to be able to go back to sleep easier this way and maybe not fully waking every time she stirs. 

Maybe it was some kind of baby sleep holiday?  Hopefully our LOs keep it up!!

www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"