October 2011 Moms
Options

Since the bump didn't work yesterday

I couldn't get on and ask questions...  So here they are!  Thanks in advance for all of your advice, ladies-you are so awesome :-)

1)  I know that we aren't supposed to use bumpers anymore.  But now that C sleeps in his crib, he ends up sideways by the morning.  I have rolled up crochet blankets by the sides of the crib where he sleeps, and I'm glad that I do, since he would be banging his head against the slots.  Yesterday he was kicking the crap out of the crib.  What would you do?

2)  My Pediatrician does not recommend using baby orajel (I know about the benzocaine risk, btw) OR tylenol for teething pain.  Tell that to C last night when it took him two hours to go down because he was crying in pain.  I'm going out today to go and get him some pain relief.  What do you recommend?  Tylenol?

3)  The only thing that we don't have for C is a high chair.  Of course my ass wants the fancy Peg Perigo brand that my friend had, because it looks super cool.  I might ask the 9-12 board this as well.  What brand do you recommend?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Since the bump didn't work yesterday

• Options

In regards to your second question, ditto Crystal's suggestion about the frozen washcloths. We tried this the other day and DS loved it. We just took a few of his baby washcloths, tied a knot in one end, added water to just the knot, froze it, and voila. He thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I also broke down and bought an amber teething necklace and maybe it's just that I really want it to work, but I notice a big difference in DS's demeanor when he's wearing it. I think Tylenol is the best option if nothing else works, but for now we're using these alternative methods just so we don't have to rely on it all the time. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) I've never used bumpers with either of my kids and they are fine. My DD moves a lot too! She's never hurt herself, although from the sound of it you would think she was beating herself up. They do make breathable bumpers though I've never used them.

2) I've used baby orajel with my DD and she was fine. I intend to use it with DS too. I make sure to rub it into my finger first so it's not a clump that could go down their throats. Also, I use Tylenol until 6 months old then Motrin. Motrin works best on my DD and it lasts longer. But you can't use it until 6 months.

3)We have a cheapo Baby Trend one and we LOVE it!! It's so easy to clean. My grandmother has one of those expensive ones you mentioned and I HATE it! It's awful to clean, it's hard to fold up and I curse it everytime I use it. Here's the link to ours. We plan to get a 2nd for DS. https://www.babytrend.com/high_chairs/HC01938.html. We got ours at Burlington Coat Factory.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  I feel bad that he is kicking the crib, but it sounds like it is common for them to move around like that.  I've heard of the washcloth trick.  Last night I asked DH to go downstairs and put one in the freezer and he looked at me like I was nuts :-)
  • Options

This is my 3rd highchair.  I've disliked my prior ones.  I had a big bulky one that would turn into a little table.  There were too many crevices to clean I threw it out because it got too food encrusted.  The 2nd I had was okay it was one that attached to a chair, it just didn't have all the bells and whistle that I wanted. 

This one is my favorite

here is the new version. 

https://www.target.com/p/Graco-Contempo-Highchair-Erin/-/A-12327403#?lnk=sc_qi_detailimage

Mine I purchased 2nd hand

It can fold up small, you can adjust the height to table level and more. The feeding tray can go in the dishwasher and it reclines.  Violet has been using her high chair the last 2 months already.

(I would not use the rolled up blankets)

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    imagepennysuedog:

This is my 3rd highchair.  I've disliked my prior ones.  I had a big bulky one that would turn into a little table.  There were too many crevices to clean I threw it out because it got too food encrusted.  The 2nd I had was okay it was one that attached to a chair, it just didn't have all the bells and whistle that I wanted. 

This one is my favorite

here is the new version. 

https://www.target.com/p/Graco-Contempo-Highchair-Erin/-/A-12327403#?lnk=sc_qi_detailimage

Mine I purchased 2nd hand

It can fold up small, you can adjust the height to table level and more. The feeding tray can go in the dishwasher and it reclines.  Violet has been using her high chair the last 2 months already.

(I would not use the rolled up blankets)

That's cute-when I last looked at Craigslist, there were a ton second hand.  I was thinking of going that route to be eco-friendly.  However, we still have a couple hundred dollars of gift cards to BRU that we've been saving.

(I know about the blanketsEmbarrassed  I'll ex-nay them tonight)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"