Natural Birth
Options

Old break in the tail bone...

Over the summer, I'm fairly certain I broke my tail bone... Either right before or right after I got pregnant, but I didn't know yet.  I didn't go to the doctor since there is nothing they could do about it anyway, and now I'm suddenly freaking out about labor... Anyone have experience with this?

imageimage

Re: Old break in the tail bone...

• Options

I had a tailbone injury in middle school.  I didn't go in either, but I could barely walk for a week.  It still bothers me.  I can't ride on a motorcycle for more than 20 minutes, and certain pilates/ab excersizes hurt (rolling up and down on the tailbone).

That being said, I didn't notice any tailbone pain during labor/delivery.  I had a waterbirth, and that took away so much pain and pressure.  I was also able to rock my hips back and forth easily.  I'm sure that the ease of movement helped as well.

If you are worried, bring it up with your care provider and see what he/she says.  Good luck!

www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be speaking to my midwife next appointment... glad to hear yours went well!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I slid down a flight of steps when I was about 30 weeks pregnant, and seriously hurt my tailbone (no idea if it was broken, but it hurt like hell for a long time.

Anyhoo, it didn't hurt when I was laboring, though I was kinda convinced it might have messed up my DS's position (he ended up as OP, and I had a c-section with him). I say that not to worry you!

Maybe check out a chiropractor who knows the Webster technique - I personally don't really believe in chiropractics, but I went during my second pregnancy, and it did seem to keep me from being achy. hth

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"