Multiples

further question about angelcare monitor

those that used this, did you find it very helpful?   i have heard mixed things about it - not from many people though bc i dont many that have/had it.  but 2 out of the 4 people that i know who have/had it said that it "went off" often when it shouldnt?  ...that it was more of a hassle/worry than helpful.  i want to get one.  im just looking for more positive feedback regarding it bc i love the idea of it.

Re: further question about angelcare monitor

• I really liked using the monitors- it really allowed me to sleep.  Although we did have false alarms when J started moving- his was a single pad motion only monitor.  N's monitor ( two pads deluxe model) never had a false alarm.   The deluxe model also let me see what the temp was in the room and set an alarm for high and low temps.
  • We loved ours w/ DD and bought the cheaper one so we'd have one for each of our twins.. (I got it for $80 at BRU w/ my 20% coupon). We never had a false alarm w/ her (just turn the sensitivity setting all the way up), but it would go off when we picked her up from the crib and forgot to turn it off - which is why I think it worked.

A pedi would probably tell you not to waste your money b/c these are not medical grade monitors and aren't proven to work, but I think it'd actually be interesting to see research on occurrence of SIDS using these commercial monitors versus nothing. To me, $80 is a small price to possibly prevent SIDS. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechickaboo1974:
    I really liked using the monitors- it really allowed me to sleep.  Although we did have false alarms when J started moving- his was a single pad motion only monitor.  N's monitor ( two pads deluxe model) never had a false alarm.   The deluxe model also let me see what the temp was in the room and set an alarm for high and low temps.

Oh, and we had the single pad and used it til she was about 9 months and didn't have a problem... we just put it in the middle of the crib, and she moved a lot too, but never had a false alarm...

Also, you can use these as a sound monitor w/o using the movement monitor function, so you can continue using it as long as you need to w/o having to buy a sound monitor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"