Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C question

Was your DH in the room with you during the procedure or is no one allowed in there? I have one scheduled tomorrow and Im starting to get nervous.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: D&C question

• I think it depends - on the hospital, the procedure etc. Mine was done under general anaesthetic, so was in theatre, so nobody else was allowed in. But because it was the maternity section of the hospital, he was there right until they took me to theatre, and he could be with me as soon as I came out - so there were no visiting hours, he was just there. 

But if the procedure is done differently, they'll have different policies.

Good luck, OP - I hope it goes well. You don't need to be nervous of the actual procedure.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was done at the hospital, so DH was with me right up until the wheeled me back to the OR. Then they went and got him as soon as the procedure was done, and he sat with me until I woke up enough to go home.

I'm sure other hospitals/offices have their own procedures, though. 

image image
    10/10/2010
    TTC Since May 2011
    DX: Subclinical Hypothyroidism
    BFP #1: 11/21/2011. EDD: 8/4/2012. Missed M/C & D&C at 11w6d: 1/20/2012.
    BFP #2: 5/24/2012. EDD: 2/2/2013. Natural M/C at 6w0d: 6/9/2012.
    BFP #3: 12/6/2012. EDD: 8/19/2013. Missed M/C at 9w0d: 1/14/2013.
    BFP #4: 4/20/2013. EDD: 1/1/2014. Born at 36w3d: 12/7/2013
    BFP #5: 3/25/2015: EDD: 12/8/2015.
    Lilypie - (IDGc)
  • Loading the player...
  • My D&E was in the docs office with local anesthetic and my DH was allowed with me while they numbed me and while we were waiting for it to take effect.  Then before the actual procedure (which lasted about 8min) they had him wait in the waiting room and then went right out to get him again when it was done and he waited with me for 30 min before I was ready to sit up and go.  I'm really sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry for your loss.

My DH stayed with me during the entire admitting process but had to go to the waiting room while the procedure was taking place. The nurse went and got him when I was in recovery.

• I'm really sorry for your loss :(

My D&E was at a major hospital and performed in the OR so no family is allowed. But my husband was with me right up until they wheeled me in there and then also was with me through recovery.

I will say that the actual procedure was a complete breeze considering the circumstances. I was under general so I was awake for none of it. But there was very minimal pain waking up and even after I went home the pain was minimal as was the bleeding. The worst part is the emotional aspect because it's almost like post partum depression. You go from being pregnant to not so your hormones are insane. I cried for literally two days straight following the D&E. But I'm 6 days out now and nearly feel like my old self.

T&Ps to you.

BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • The hospital let my husband stay with me until they wheeled me back to the C-section room.  It really depends on where you have your D&C.  He wasn't with me during the first 20 minutes after I awoke, but he was with me while I was in same day surgery waiting to be cleared to go home.
    BFP#1: 10/29/11 EDD: 7/14/12 MMC: 12/28/11 BFP#2: 5/17/12 EDD: 1/27/13 Trevor was born on 1/21/13! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 8e4774ee-d2a4-4dd5-9180-492d059e568e_zpsb44e90d8.jpg
  • So sorry you have to go through this.  Mine was done in my dr.'s office. My husband was allowed with me the whole time.  I'm thankful for that because I was awake for it.  They said it was my choice to have him there or not.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had general anesthesia, so my DH was with me until they took me to the operating room.  He stayed in "my room" while I had the D&C.  Once I woke up, they took me back to "my room."
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"