September 2011 Moms

Is it over?

Well.... I told you all about my ultrasound last friday....measured 6w4d, yolk sac no heartbeat...yet (thats what the ultrasound tech told me). Tonight my OB called and told me that he didn't think that the pregnancy is viable. I am confused...Everyone kept saying it was too early and to wait another week. He basically gave me my options of a d&c, letting me miscarry on my own or taking the medication. He never said "lets do another ultrasound". I guess I have to accept it and move on. What would you all do?

Re: Is it over?

• i would have to be really damn sure it was over to do any of those things.  dates could be off for all they know.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with TheFannins! 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would demand another ultrasound before a d&c or meds. good luck, I will be thinking if you. please let us know how it goes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ask for another US to make sure before I did anything. Go get a 2nd opinion
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • New doctor
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The SAME thing happened to me. My OB told me I was miscarrying, the ER didn't see anything on the ultrasound, neither did the OB ultrasound tech... I REFUSED and said I wanted another ultrasound in a reasonable amount of time since I was so early. Well, as you can see, I have a healthy 5 month old little girl (almost). I did have to take progesterone because no one noticed that it was only a 9. I had to argue about it until they finally looked at it, but yes,.. it happened to me. Don't rule it out yet love. They could absolutely be wrong.
  • imagealt0925:
    The SAME thing happened to me. My OB told me I was miscarrying, the ER didn't see anything on the ultrasound, neither did the OB ultrasound tech... I REFUSED and said I wanted another ultrasound in a reasonable amount of time since I was so early. Well, as you can see, I have a healthy 5 month old little girl (almost). I did have to take progesterone because no one noticed that it was only a 9. I had to argue about it until they finally looked at it, but yes,.. it happened to me. Don't rule it out yet love. They could absolutely be wrong.

Wow. Who are these so-called doctors you were seeing?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually posted on sept 2011 instead of sept 2012...woops! But you guys are right! I am going to ask for another ultrasound today. Thanks again!
  • Good luck! 

I'd seriously consider changing docs after that though. 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with all the gals. Many women have decided to miscarry naturally after being told their baby died, only to discover later that their child is alive and well. I don't want to give false hope, but I would suggest you hang in there longer and try to get another u/s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"