Breastfeeding
Options

Opinions on pump

The Medela electric double pump has come highly recommended to me, and I feel fairly certain that's the one I'll go with. But I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. There are 4 kinds: 1) comes in a backpack; 2) comes in a tote bag; 3) pump is removable from bag in a small 5" cube bag and weighs several pounds; 4) totally hands-free version that is very small, weighs 1lb, and clips on your belt. I've heard different opinions regarding the carrying bag vs hands-free, but nothing that's solidified my decision.

I plan on returning to work, but I don't have a private office, so I'll have to go to the restroom or somewhere else private to pump. I imagine even with a hands-free version, I'll still be bringing the whole big bag with me. Having never done this before, I'm not sure what the best form of pump is. And given the high price of all these pumps, I don't want to regret my decision. Any opinions/advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

Re: Opinions on pump

• Options

I have the Medela PISA in the tote bag. I really like it. I can fit extra stuff in the bag like a snack and my cell. :)

I believe most states have laws in which you have to be provided a private space that is not a bathroom to express breastmilk. I would look into in through an LC or a BF center in your area. I'm from north carolina and my employer has to provide a private space free from traffic and NOT a bathroom. Please look into it! I don't have the handsfree and it's no big deal. I can't work while I am pumping anyway (no milk comes!) so it's no big deal. The set up I have is a private closet that stays locked (it's a book room at my school). We have 2 chairs and a desk. I usually prop my legs up on the chair and have the bag on the desk. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Loved my Medela PISA.  I'm just packing it up this week after a year of pumping.  I had the handsfree halter top and it was a life saver. 

Check your local laws but I believe your job is suppose to provide a place other than a restroom for pumping. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the tote and really like it.  I store extra bottles, a hands free pumping bra, a magazine or book, bags, the cooler, a nursing cover and pads inside. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I had no idea there were laws about private pumping areas at work. I will definitely look into that. I just assumed I'd be going to the restroom--although I wasn't thrilled with that option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"