Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DD doesn't want me... (xp from ap)

As soon as MIL or FIL are in sight (we temporarily live with them) she is climbing over everything to get to them. If they leave the room or I try to take her away, she cries, I mean really cries huge tears. For me... not so much, she just waves bye bye and smiles.... It's sweet, but I'm jealous! Shouldn't she be crying when I leave the room!? What can I do, if anything?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD doesn't want me... (xp from ap)

• That does suck. But I think it just may be that she knows that you will come back. And that MIL/FIL don't always come back after she see's them?!?

Hugs

• Aww that does suck :(  I agree with PP though, it may be because she doesn't see them as much. ((hugs))
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • My baby girl gets really excited to see my best friend and my sister and will gladly leave me for them, although she doesn't cry when they leave, and she definitely prefers me if something is wrong. I would guess that she probably has a pretty secure attachment to you (and thus not melting down when you leave) or hasn't hit the whole separation anxiety thing yet. 

I wouldn't worry about it or be jealous. You don't really want your child to have a meltdown every time you leave, which will be WAY more often than when her grandparents leave. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks mammas. I guess I should be happy she doesn't have a meltdown every time I leave. It just seemed so weird to me. I figure she spends so much time with me she's happy for a break. :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"