Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

relieved

So after reading many of the messages on here it seems as if many women get really upset and are sad when they get their "regular" period after a miscarriage. I miscarried three weeks ago and go my AF this morning and have never felt SO RELIEVED in my life! I think for me it's finally knowing that everything IS alright in there and that I still work "right" is such a stress reliever. Plus it means that I can start trying again as soon as it's over! I don't think I've ever been happier to have a period than this morning. Maybe it's just me...but it feels good to have some sense of normalcy..

Re: relieved

• You sound like a very wise person. You're right to be relieved by AF, because your body is doing exactly what it needs to do to heal. Good for you for trusting your body. I'll try my best to do the same :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay! I felt the same way when I got my first post-m/c AF. I definitely saw it as a new beginning. :)

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was happy to have my first period after the loss, for the exact reasons you said.  Things are back to normal and you can try again.
  • I think it's great that you felt relief and I felt much the same way when AF showed up six weeks after my m/c. But I don't think there's anything wrong with people who are upset by it either - people grieve and react to things differently. Even though I was happy that AF showed up, I cried a couple times because regardless of the fact that my body is now working correctly, that doesn't change the fact that I'm not supposed to be having an AF right now - I'm supposed to still be pregnant.

DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • Congrats!  While I am not there yet, I can totally relate to how you feel.  Good luck to you as you start this next phase!
    BFP#1: 12/15/11 EDD: 8/21/12 Missed miscarriage @ ~8.5 weeks. D+C: 1/19/12
    BFP#2: 07/04/12 EDD: 03/14/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *All Welcome*
  • I personally can't wait for mine.  I want to feel some kind of normal again instead of feeling in between pregnant and not.  I can see how it can be upsetting though. It's truly the end of the pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I think emotionally I feel a little of both, but more relieved like you said.  I'm still waiting (my d&c was 3 weeks ago), but hopefully it will come soon.  I hope it will feel like the final piece of physical closure.  We will never forget what we went through, but we want a family and our ready to start the next chapter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"