Maryland Babies
Options

Installing RF car seat with tether

DH texted me to ask me to post this question (lol). He's installing our new car seat (Britax Marathon) in our car and is not sure how to install the tether. Anyone have any hints? Thanks!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Installing RF car seat with tether

• Options
    Do you mean the rear tether? Are you still RF? 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, we're just putting in the convertibles, so he's still RF. I guess he's not sure how to attach it to the bottom of the front seat? I sent him a couple links to  YouTube videos I found so hopefully that helps. But I guess the tether attaches to the bottom of the front seat?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know for ours when he was RFing that upper tether didn't attach to anything, we just cliped it to the seat so it wouldn't be swinging.  We looked at both the car's booklet and the car seat booklet and there wasn't an anchor in the car to attach it to.  We just switched him to FF because he reached the height limit and in our SUV there isn't an anchor for the tether because we have 2 back rows so no anchor we just use the latch.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH installed DD's on Saturday, so I might not have everything correct, but we didn't have anywhere to tether it on the seat, so he somehow attached it to the front passenger seat. The manual was in the car, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a 'fix'.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And if its any consolation, DH had a much harder time with her new convertible than any other car seat he's installed. I'll be having it inspected very soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There should be a piece of belt called a D ring that attaches to the base of the back of the front passenger seat that then in turn attaches to the tether. You have to be careful not to put it in the track because it will get stuck. The D ring belt should fit around the base closest to the middle of the car. I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask me to clarify if it doesn't.

I'm a certified car seat tech and the Britax seats are fairly easy to work with for the most part.
  • Options

imageblynn11:
    There should be a piece of belt called a D ring that attaches to the base of the back of the front passenger seat that then in turn attaches to the tether. You have to be careful not to put it in the track because it will get stuck. The D ring belt should fit around the base closest to the middle of the car. I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask me to clarify if it doesn't.

I'm a certified car seat tech and the Britax seats are fairly easy to work with for the most part.

What she said!  I highly recommend getting it inspected by someone certified.  It's not complicated to install, but if you've never dealt with the tether before, it can be confusing.

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options
    Thank you for all the info! DH got it installed and got the tether figured out too!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    good job DH!
This discussion has been closed.