Babies on the Brain
Options

CP Do you tip at the drive-thru beverage? *edit*

I'm just curious as to what others do. I know the items are already overpriced due to the conveinience factor, but the workers are breathing in the car fumes and freezing in the winter/burning up in the summer.

EDIT *I meant the drive-thrus where you can get pop, alcohol, snacks, drinks, lotto tickets etc. I wasn't even thinking about Starbucks or a food drive-thru*

[Poll]

Re: CP Do you tip at the drive-thru beverage? *edit*

• Options

I worked at a drive up coffee shop back in college.

Customarily people tipped out of good manners. But I always got those regulars that wanted some specialty drink non/fat, extra this, blah, blah, blah. That wouldn't tip and it really did irritate me. If i am going to the extra effort for your special drink (especially when I am piled up with other customers) a tip is only considerate.

I tip depending on customer service. I understand that what these girls/guys go thru working there. But I worked hard for my tips and believe if you want one you have to have good custmoer service skills and the drink has to be worth it.

I understand prices are high. But that isn't the Barista's decision.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    I only really tip servers at restaurants. I don't understand why people should get tipped for doing their jobs. They get paid to give good customer service and make coffee/other drinks. Would you tip the people at McDonald's for giving you your food?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Servers are getting paid to do there job also. So it's ok to tip them but no one else offering customer service to you?

If you have never worked in customer service you wouldn't understand how difficult it truly is.

Good manners means tipping anyone who preforms a service for you. Making your drink is a service.

FYI. Tips at restaurants are split by percentage between waiters, bus boys, cooks, dish washers etc. You are not just tipping your waiter. I have worked in many restaurants and that is always how it is done.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    I don't tip at any coffee shop. I only tip at restaurants.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagepinkpepsi:

Servers are getting paid to do there job also. So it's ok to tip them but no one else offering customer service to you?

If you have never worked in customer service you wouldn't understand how difficult it truly is.

Good manners means tipping anyone who preforms a service for you. Making your drink is a service.

FYI. Tips at restaurants are split by percentage between waiters, bus boys, cooks, dish washers etc. You are not just tipping your waiter. I have worked in many restaurants and that is always how it is done.

Servers get paid a different hourly wage than non tipped employees (at least in my state they do). Like when I was a server I got paid $3.65 an hour and the employees that worked at Starbucks got paid $7.00 an hour. And at every job I have ever had I have been expected to give good customer service, no matter what my hourly wage was.

I have worked in the restaurant industry since I was 16. So, yeah I know how hard it can be to please every one.

Making my drink is their job. Going above and beyond  their basic job description is a service.

I have also worked in many restaurants, so I know how it works. But I also know that if you don't think that the bus boys, cooks, ect are not doing their job then that is something to talk to your GM about. If they are doing their job then I have no problem splitting my tips with them. And have done so in many of my jobs.

• Options
    imagepinkpepsi:

Guess you haven't worked in that many restaurants.  

I never took a waitressing job with tip-pooling.  Cracker Barrel for example, does NOT.  

In PA, servers make $2.83 an hour, and the Baristas make $8.50.   There is a HUGE difference between the two.  That being said, if my coffee is made quickly and I am paying with cash, yes, I tip.  But if I sit in the drive thru line for 20 minutes or I use my card, no I don't.  Tipping is the primary pay source for waitresses - the small hourly pay is to cover taxes. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    imageMegan.10.06:
    imagepinkpepsi:

I never took a waitressing job with tip-pooling.  Cracker Barrel for example, does NOT.  

In PA, servers make $2.83 an hour, and the Baristas make $8.50.   There is a HUGE difference between the two.  That being said, if my coffee is made quickly and I am paying with cash, yes, I tip.  But if I sit in the drive thru line for 20 minutes or I use my card, no I don't.  Tipping is the primary pay source for waitresses - the small hourly pay is to cover taxes. 

I have worked in 4 and in Oregon servers make the same as Baristas. Minimum 8.50 sometimes more depending on experience.

• Options
    imagepinkpepsi:
    imageMegan.10.06:
    imagepinkpepsi:

I have worked in 4 and in Oregon servers make the same as Baristas. Minimum 8.50 sometimes more depending on experience.

Different states have different laws. Like PA and Ohio, tipped employees don't earn minimum wage. There is a different minimum wage for them. Oregon is not like that apparently.  

• Options
    This took a different direction. lol I edited above. I meant the drive-thru where you pull your car inside. Not a food or coffee drive-thru:)
  • Options
    imageand now for something completely different:

I'm just curious as to what others do. I know the items are already overpriced due to the conveinience factor, but the workers are breathing in the car fumes and freezing in the winter/burning up in the summer.

EDIT *I meant the drive-thrus where you can get pop, alcohol, snacks, drinks, lotto tickets etc. I wasn't even thinking about Starbucks or a food drive-thru*

I have never been to a place where you can drive through and get that stuff. 

This. I have no idea what kind of place you're talking about. You can buy alcohol and lottery tickets at a drive through?  

• Options

imageAdam&Eve07:
    I only really tip servers at restaurants. I don't understand why people should get tipped for doing their jobs. They get paid to give good customer service and make coffee/other drinks. Would you tip the people at McDonald's for giving you your food?

This is pretty much my feeling.  However, at Starbucks, if they do an especially good job with my beverage (as i can be quite picky) or if they are super nice and friendly, I'll tip a dollar.

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageExcitedtostart:
    imageShayliz:

This. I have no idea what kind of place you're talking about. You can buy alcohol and lottery tickets at a drive through?  

Where I live it's called the "Drive-Thru Dairy" (ex: Alta Dena Express). They're all over the place in Southern Ca. (You can get snacks, milk, eggs, soda, beer, cigs, coffee, lotto tickets, etc)...all without leaving your car. You just pull up & ask for it.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This took a different direction. lol I edited above. I meant the drive-thru where you pull your car inside. Not a food or coffee drive-thru:)

I've seen these. I have never been to one, but I most likely would not tip them either. 

• Options

BAHAHAHA! Then thats a no

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"