Breastfeeding

Screaming/ pulling off breast

The past week or so DS has been having a tough time nursing. He has started pulling off the breast, screaming. Usually when he use to do this, it was because he needed to burp. It's getting worse. He's been napping terrible and we've been having sleep issues with him recently...not sure if this can be a reason why and he's been really fussy. I haven't changed my diet but I am blaming myself for his behavior. I'm tempted to try out formula to see if it helps his fussiness even though it would break my heart. I just can't stand to see him crying anymore. Growth spurt perhaps? Suggestions? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Screaming/ pulling off breast

• I have been having a similar issue this past week.  Just went the Dr. today and she suggested Gripe water as my DS also seems to struggle with gas as he is pulling and fussy at the breast. He also has been having trouble sleeping due to this. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would also consider reflux.  DS did this in the beginning.  He would also gag and choke when we laid him down at night.  We got him on Zantac and he was a new baby.  GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So funny because I was just talking to DH about this tonight.

Our guy went for about 2-3 weeks (probably around the same time) where he was behaving similarly.  He would nurse and pull off and scream/cry.  I'd have to calm him down and offer again.  Sometimes it was because the flow was too fast, sometimes it was because it was too slow, sometimes because he was tired, sometimes because he wanted to suck and didn't want milk coming out.

I just realized tonight that it's been weeks since he's done that.  And I was saying the same to DH.  Hang in there mama - one of these days you're going to turn around and say "Hey, feeding the baby has gotten really easy!"

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"