Cloth Diapering

Back Leaks - What are we doing wrong?

After three months of using cloth with no leak issues, we have had two in 24hours! We are getting leaks out of the back, waist part of the diaper. I'm not sure what we are doing wrong. Does this sound like we need the large insert instead of the newborn one, or is it something else completely?. Both times this happened, my husband was the one who diapered her, so I suppose he could have done something wrong. We use pocket diapers, and my baby is 12 weeks (11 pounds). Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back Leaks - What are we doing wrong?

• When I suddenly started having leaks, it was a repelling issue. I stripped my diapers with Dawn and switched detergents, and it never happened again.
  • Check if the inserts are absorbing properly but dripping water on them. If they are repelling they need to be stripped.
  • Loading the player...
  • If the inserts are soaked, then you should move up to the larger insert. It might also mean you need to adjust your fit because of a growth spurt. Whenever we have had back leaks it was due to not having the waist tight enough.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning more towards the "waist is not tight enough" possibility because it seems like the inserts are absorbing just fine. I hope we can figure this out! I love our cloth!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am just lurking here tonight, but I have noticed that sometimes the waist on my diapers will roll down when I put the diaper on so I have to make sure the lining isn't sticking out.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If your inserts are saturated, then it's time to add more absorbancy. If they aren't saturated when you notice the leak then it's either a fit issue, or it's time to switch detergents because of a repelling issue.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"