Working Moms
Options

Words of Advice/Encouragement

Well ladies, I will be joining you tomorrow... these 6 weeks with my beautiful little boy are over... and I don't want to leave him.  I just was wondering for those of you that have been doing this if you have any advice on making it through this first day?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Words of Advice/Encouragement

• Options
    Good luck! It was probably the hardest day in my life.  Bring tissues in the car, I cried after dropping him off.  Have plenty of pictures of him to look at during the day.  And remember that you don't love him any less because you are going back to work.  It will be over before you know it and you'll have him back in your arms.  Going back to work turned me into a co-sleeping mommy because I miss him all day long.  Again, good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you have lots of pictures (and video if possible). I found talking about her with interested coworkers also helped. Then just love on LO like crazy when you get home. It is hard but it gets easier (Mondays are always hard again) but just remember you are doing what you have to in order to provide for your LO. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    reframe your thinking -- think about how much fun your DS is having at DC, making new friends, bonding with a caregiver (which does not replace you and in fact can enhance your bond with him).  You are giving him some wonderful experiences here.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

imagePesky:
    reframe your thinking -- think about how much fun your DS is having at DC, making new friends, bonding with a caregiver (which does not replace you and in fact can enhance your bond with him).  You are giving him some wonderful experiences here.

Honestly - this.  It's hard to recognize when they are so young (mine started DC at 14 weeks) but my DS has grown in so many ways at DC that I really don't think would have happened at home.  He loves interacting with the other children and watching people - he's so social at just 7.5 months!

It will be hard, I won't lie.  But you are providing for your family and you are no less of a loving mother because of that.  If anything, I overcompensate with DS when I get home.  The poor guy probably looks at DC as a welcome break from mommy's neverending hugs & kisses, haha.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!  I think I watched the video of bathtime from last night  times!  Everyone at work wanted to see pictures and I was happy to show off my DS.  It actually went much better than I thought I would.  I was so excited to see him when I got home and it was so nice to spend time with him.  I realized I can do this and he had a great day with grandma.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"