Austin Babies

BBB vs BRU

DH & I went into BBB this weekend and holy moly that is a lot of stuff. We have never been to BRU.

We are debating on where to register (for completion discounts & coupon benefits). There is neither BBB or BRU in our town but there is a TRU about 25-30 minutes away (in Killeen). I am doubtful anyone would purchase anything from either registry for us because it is a drive and most people we know are hands-on shoppers rather than online shoppers, so it would strictly be for our benefit...but they seem to have a lot more neato stuff than target. (am i nuts? can i buy all baby needs at target/sams/walmart?) I was a bit overwhelmed in BBB because target has ~8 aisles of baby stuff and this was.an.entire.store.of.stuff..

The drive is irrelevant to us.

Baby-product & coupon/price-wise - which is better? BBB or BRU?

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.

Re: BBB vs BRU

• I prefer BBB. The people that work there are more helpful (in my personal experience). I also like that I can use Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons there as well since they are owned by the same people.
  • I like BBB for baby gear and, like Chandley said, for being able to use Bed Bath & Beyond coups.  However, I like the baby furniture at BRU better.  And, for some reason, I can only find the snacks that DD likes at BRU. 

Also, BRU has more on their website that you can add to your registry.  I found BBB's online selection sorely lacking compared to what they carry in the store.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer BBB for higher end things and the knowledgable sales staff. But for actual purchasing, I prefer BRU - because their website is way better, and they accept their competitors coupons - including Bed Bath and Be yond coupons.  

Now, you said the closest TRU is in Killeen. Since you're clearly north of Austin, have you considered Baby Earth? They don't seem to have good coupons, but their website and product selection are also very good. They're in Round Rock.  

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**the nestie formerly known as karen2508**
  • imageChandley:
    I prefer BBB. The people that work there are more helpful (in my personal experience). I also like that I can use Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons there as well since they are owned by the same people.

Ditto. BBB has awesome customer service.

• I love BBB and their return policy is awesome.  Not so w/ BRU.
  • For the everyday baby items that most of your friends/family would buy off your registry, yes you can register at Walmart/Target or the like.  For bigger items that you would want to use the completion coupon with I would go with either BBB or BRU.  Just do your homework on the big ticket itmes.  FWIW, BBB seemed to have a better selection but BRU had better prices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imageMrsNole:
    For the everyday baby items that most of your friends/family would buy off your registry, yes you can register at Walmart/Target or the like.  For bigger items that you would want to use the completion coupon with I would go with either BBB or BRU.  Just do your homework on the big ticket itmes.  FWIW, BBB seemed to have a better selection but BRU had better prices.

Wierdly enough, I'm finding right now BBB has better prices!  I actually registered for both places with BBB as my main one, and BRU (and Amazon also) as one just for a few items I wanted, and for a completion coupon.  I couldnt find everything I wanted at one store anyways, so I registered anywhere I wanted to buy something, but just didnt tell anyone.

Like PP said, BBB takes non-expired Bed Bath & Beyond coupons, AND takes BRU coupons.  I signed up for the BRU membership & registry, so I get their coupons and take them to BBB to buy if the base prices is less.  So far I've found that BRU has a lot more coupons (via email) than BBB.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"