Cloth Diapering

DH put fab softener sheets in the dryer...

As I was getting ready to wash all my diapers I had done enough loads of laundry without using fabric softener or sheets  so that the residue would be gone.

BUT DH put some fabric softener sheets with our towels this morning. I am also washing baby clothes and was going to boil and wash diapers after.

What do I do about the dryer? I heard something about vinegar on towels? I can't seem to find the posts that talk about this.

TIA 

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: DH put fab softener sheets in the dryer...

• As long as it's not in with the diapers, I really really doubt it will be an issue.
  • You can wipe out the drum to remove the fabric softener residue. However, as long as you wash a load or two before your diapers they will probably be fine. I wouldn't make a habit of it though.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use fabric softener sheets in all our laundry except for diapers.  I have been doing this for 2 years now.  I am part of a couple local groups and all of us pretty much use softener sheets with everything else and no need to wash out your dryer.  So all in all I think you will be fine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWesting18:
    I use fabric softener sheets in all our laundry except for diapers.  I have been doing this for 2 years now.  I am part of a couple local groups and all of us pretty much use softener sheets with everything else and no need to wash out your dryer.  So all in all I think you will be fine

This :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• imageWesting18:
    I use fabric softener sheets in all our laundry except for diapers.  I have been doing this for 2 years now.  I am part of a couple local groups and all of us pretty much use softener sheets with everything else and no need to wash out your dryer.  So all in all I think you will be fine

Third this.

Also, using fabric softener with towels will reduce their ability to absorb water as well. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok perfect

thanks ladies, I am just scared of doing something that will risk the absorbency of the diapers.

on a side note, how bad is softener for baby? I got a lot of hand me down clothes and they smelled like fabric softener even after one wash! I washed again just in case. 

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • imageflorquevedo:

Ok perfect

thanks ladies, I am just scared of doing something that will risk the absorbency of the diapers.

on a side note, how bad is softener for baby? I got a lot of hand me down clothes and they smelled like fabric softener even after one wash! I washed again just in case. 

I didn't use it when my son was a newborn, after awhile I started using them.  It just depends upon how sensitive your babies skin is and how he/she reacts.  My son has really sensitive skin but has no reaction to softener. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"