Austin Babies
Options

Pumping enough for daycare

i send 3 4oz bottles to daycare, so i'm aiming to pump 12 oz while at work. sometimes, i can get 12 oz. but usually coming in an oz or 2 short after 3 pumping sessions. what are you doing to make sure you pump enough for the next day? should i add a pump session at night?

Re: Pumping enough for daycare

• Options
    I can generally make up the difference from the week by doing an extra pump session after DD's first feed in the AM (after she gets up for the day) on the weekends.  I never get much if I try and pump at night.  Also, you're probably already doing this but make sure you're drinking lots of water.  That has a big impact on my pumping success. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i was never able to pump enough for daycare for either kid. the first time i added an extra pumping session at night, but it still wasn't enough and just stressed me out more. evenutally i just added a formual bottle. this time i built up a huge freezer stash which i used to supplement with and it just ran out last week. now i'm supplementing with formula.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually pumped the other side after feeding her before leaving in the morning, and pumped an extra time at night. I also took fenugreek and drank mother's tea during the day, as well as drinking tons of water. GL!
  • Options

imagekpowersw:
    I can generally make up the difference from the week by doing an extra pump session after DD's first feed in the AM (after she gets up for the day) on the weekends.  I never get much if I try and pump at night.  Also, you're probably already doing this but make sure you're drinking lots of water.  That has a big impact on my pumping success. 

i totally forgot my water bottle today, but normally i'm chugging close to 64 oz during the day. 

• Options

imagejml5q:
    i was never able to pump enough for daycare for either kid. the first time i added an extra pumping session at night, but it still wasn't enough and just stressed me out more. evenutally i just added a formual bottle. this time i built up a huge freezer stash which i used to supplement with and it just ran out last week. now i'm supplementing with formula.

i'm working on building up a bigger freezer stash. we wasted so much milk the 2 weeks at daycare when the kid wouldn't take a bottle. i might have to add some pumping sessions on the weekend too. 

• Options

imageJLKillion:
    I usually pumped the other side after feeding her before leaving in the morning, and pumped an extra time at night. I also took fenugreek and drank mother's tea during the day, as well as drinking tons of water. GL!

i started drinking mother's tea today. hopefully, it gives me a nice boost. 

• Options
    imageel_twirpo:

i totally forgot my water bottle today, but normally i'm chugging close to 64 oz during the day. 

Double it. Seriously. I drink b/t 100-120 ounces a day. I just keep three 16-oz Ozarka water bottles on my desk and make sure I drink at least two between every pumping/feeding. So that's two-ish before 9, another 2 before noon, another 2 before leaving work. Then another one or two in the evenings, and usually one in the morning when I wake up.

To make up any ounces that I am short, I pump to empty before going to bed for the night. 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    imageel_twirpo:

imageJLKillion:

i started drinking mother's tea today. hopefully, it gives me a nice boost. 

if you want more, i'll mail you what i've got (mother's milk tea)... i couldn't stand it. i tried drinking it cold with lemonade mixed in. gag. 

• Options
    imageflymansWife:

if you want more, i'll mail you what i've got (mother's milk tea)... i couldn't stand it. i tried drinking it cold with lemonade mixed in. gag. 

sure, i'll take it. i think i still have your email address, so i'll send you my address. i just load it up with honey. :) 

• Options
    imagerssnlvr:
    Double it. Seriously. I drink b/t 100-120 ounces a day. I just keep three 16-oz Ozarka water bottles on my desk and make sure I drink at least two between every pumping/feeding. So that's two-ish before 9, another 2 before noon, another 2 before leaving work. Then another one or two in the evenings, and usually one in the morning when I wake up.

To make up any ounces that I am short, I pump to empty before going to bed for the night. 

oh wow. ok, i'll try guzzling even more water. my bladder's gonna get a lot of exercise!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"