Health & Exercise

Zumba?

Just wondering if anyone is into Zumba?  I wanted to know if it really works and what people think about it.  I was thinking about trying to get into it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Zumba?

• It's a fun cardio class with latin music to dance to.  It's a great class full of all stages of participants and great music.  Give it a try.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm the last person you'd expect to find in a Zumba class (I haven't danced in front of people since a dance recital when I was 3!) but I've ended up in the front row of a Zumba class. Great workout and lots of fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • I absolutely love it. I'm 29 weeks and have been going twice a week throughout pregnancy (hope I can keep it up!). It can be a tough workout, but your body will tell you when you need to slow down or modify - just be sure to drink water between every song. Also, as I got bigger the prenatal cradle became essential. Have fun!
  • I completely love Zumba, as well as several of my friends, my mom, and DS (he's only 5 yrs old, but will do it without me when I'm too busy :-D )
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • imageNariaDreaming:
    :::Lurker:::

So if I have two left feet and I'm gravitationally challenged, is this a bad idea? I just got a Y membership and I'm looking to switch things up a big (I normally run or lift) 

I too have many run ins with gravity with gravity usually winning.  I love love love zumba.  Every teacher has a different style so if you don't like the class at first, try a different instructor before giving up.

And most importantly have fun with it and try not to take it too seriously.

Edit: Naria, where did you get married?  Your picture in your signature is so pretty!  

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • imageNariaDreaming:
    Bermuda- That's Horseshoe Bay

Thanks!  Going to look it up and daydream about sand between my toes.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • I love Zumba.  I've been doing it for about a year and a half and I have been able to do it so far throughout this pregnancy.  I have no rhythm or dancing skills, but I can do it and I have fun!  I definitely work up a sweat by the end of the hour.  Good luck!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Zumba classes are wonderful! It is a great way to get out of the house and have fun, even if you are laughing at your self for doing some of the moves, that just means you are having fun. It is fun exercise, kind of like your are doing dancing moves around the house. Just give it a try, I haven't met anyone yet who hasn't at least enjoyed it :)
  • I love Zumba..It took me a while to get into the grove of things lol I still stink at it but everyone is there to have fun and to have a great work out and if you have a good instructor than you will deffiently enjoy it! As I get bigger in my pregnancy she will give me certain moves for me to do instead of doing the ones that she does :) Some places have drop in Zumba classes.. you can give it a try and see for your self :)
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"