Upstate NY Babies
Options

Binghamton or Syracuse Spa rec

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good spa. DH wants to send me to the spa for my birthday but I'm not sure where to go. I live near Norwich so either the Binghamton or Syracuse area is good for me since I'm almost halfway between the two. The only place I've been was CNY Healing Arts...which I did like, just looking for other options. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Binghamton or Syracuse Spa rec

• Options

If expense is no issue - definitely Mirbeau in Skaneateles. They are a bit pricey but soooooo worth it. 

Also, the spa at Turning Stone is supposed to be good as well. 

• Options
    I'm from Norwich, did we talk about this ready? :) I second Mirabeau, or there is a place called innovations in Liverpool which is petty nice.  If you get on their email lost they send out deals everyday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For Binghamton, I've always heard good things about Traditions at the Glen Spa.  I've gotten massages at White Rose Day Spa Jon Cole Salon and the Acacia Aveda Salon in Vestal and didn't love any of those places, but you never know if it's bc of who you had or what. 

For my bachelorette party we went to Innovations Salon and Spa in Liverpool and I had a great massage, facial, and manicure.  It was almost 5 years ago though.

TinyPinkBug is going to the Turning Stone spa this weekend (I read that on FB, right?) so she may be able to give you a recommendation on that.  

Enjoy, I'm jealous!  A massage sounds so good right now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I am actually at Turning Stone right now!  DH bought me a spa overnight package for x-mas.  I had a massage and a facial Big Smile  They were wonderful!

Now I am sitting in my room in the tower enjoying a pina colada and ceasar salad.  And I picked up a peanut butter brownie for dessert from Opals, it looks decadent!

• Options
    I love Skaana at Turning Stone. Innovations is nice as well, although I haven't had a massage there in years.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I'm definatley going to check all those places out. Not toooo concerned about money cause it's the big 3-0 this year. I'm not too distraught over it but I've been making it seem like I am just so DH will feel bad and spoil me heh :)

Meryl, I don't think we've talked about it but I can't remember much these days. my momnesia is pretty bad. I'm not from here originally. I live here for a couple years 2006&7 and then moved back in Dec 2010.

• Options
    I have had massages at White Rose and Jon Cole in the Binghamton area.  I enjoyed them, but the person at Jon Cole talked a lot and I don't really like that.  Just a personal preference though. 
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options

imageTinaL99:
    I have had massages at White Rose and Jon Cole in the Binghamton area.  I enjoyed them, but the person at Jon Cole talked a lot and I don't really like that.  Just a personal preference though. 

Ha, I had the same thing happen.  She was nice enough, but I just want to be lulled off into relaxation land :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagechele129:

Meryl, I don't think we've talked about it but I can't remember much these days. my momnesia is pretty bad. I'm not from here originally. I live here for a couple years 2006&7 and then moved back in Dec 2010.

Did you marry someone from Norwich?  I graduated in '99, but it's such a small town you pretty much know everyone...haha!

• Options
    imagemeryltheresa:
    imagechele129:

Did you marry someone from Norwich?  I graduated in '99, but it's such a small town you pretty much know everyone...haha!

no I didn't. I moved up here from MA for a job as crazy as that sounds
  • Options
    Traditions is really nice! I just went for a prenatal there. 
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mirbeau is super nice, but very expensive.  I would love to go to Ska-na someday.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second Traditions.  I've had both prenatal and regular massages there and have never been disappointed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"